• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manual Or Power Steering?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Finally got an answer back on the power steering "addition" to frame 1 on the official website. Also asked about the change to the unpainted rear panel. Here it is:

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

May 21 16:23

Hey Roger!
Thanks for your email and for your support- we really appreciate it!
Also, thanks for the heads up- that is a typo and we will fix it on our website.
And finally, there will be options when it comes to the color of the rear panel!

Best,
The Elio Team
Thanks. That actually answers two questions I've seen.

barry

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw the yahoo segment, she said no power steering? Comments?

Moderator Comment: Merged from duplicate thread

Last edited by a moderator:

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As far as I have heard, and this is from reliable resources, there will not be power steering. The vehicle only weighs 1200 pounds, steering while moving won't be an issue. The woman in that segment was trying to turn the wheel while sitting still, a common thing for those that are used to p/s but thatpractice is never good on tires. If she had simply started moving forward even a small amount the steering would have been easy.

I mean think about it, how often do you need to turn the wheel when you're not in motion?

barry

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right, my first car was a Carmen giha and my third a beetle and I don't recall either being particularly hard to steer. Of course that was many many cars ago. I guess I've just gotten spoiled over the years. Both manual transmissions too, sometimes one has to go backward in order to go forward. Thanks for your input 51.

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Parallel parking?

Any time I have parallel parked my vehicle is in constant motion from the time I pull up next to the forward parked car to the time I settle into position. Sure, in the beginning of my time driving I sucked at PP but as I got better it became a fluid movement.

This person doesn't need power steering!

parking_zpsc9a7ba41.gif

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any time I have parallel parked my vehicle is in constant motion from the time I pull up next to the forward parked car to the time I settle into position. Sure, in the beginning of my time driving I sucked at PP but as I got better it became a fluid movement.

This person doesn't need power steering!

parking_zpsc9a7ba41.gif
Not all of us are that talented. I've been driving for 15 years and it still takes me a few attempts to get into the spot.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
64 f-100.jpg

I took my drivers test in this in 1965, no power anything and it parallel parked without any problems.
My Dad was a good driving instructor. :) (Happy Fathers Day Dad, RIP)
Parking an Elio should be the least of our worries.
The biggest problem will be all the gawkers.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom