• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manual Or Power Steering?

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm almost sure Elio motors will throw that power steering as another option at an added cost for those who wants it. Actually there's enough standard features in this vehicle for the price and keeping it simple means less things that can go wrong. What I don't get is how are they going to price the one with automatic transmission as oppose to 5 speed manual...same low price of $6,800.???

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes---arm power----where did you see power steering on the ELIO? When I inquired some months ago the answere was no!

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've not read anything official myself, but I have seen references that Paul stated it would have power steering. I don't see why, at ~1200lbs the steering will be very light, adding PS equipment would be a waste of weight and money.

outtaget1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
There are many misquotes on here such as "It will have power steering and 0 to 100 in 9.6 seconds". Think about it.
Yes,,, a lot of misquotes,,,,, but I have never seen 0 to 100 in 9.6 yet,,, till your post... 0 to 60 in 9.6,,, anybody can do it, it is up to us to grin and bear it,,, only a couple posters I would want to bare it,,, but we are all having fun sharing it,,,, so no need in declaring and despairing it.. or???? ah,, never mind,, no hope. heheheheee. :confused:
Go Elio,,,,

JS

Frank Smith

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Yes,,, a lot of misquotes,,,,, but I have never seen 0 to 100 in 9.6 yet,,, till your post... 0 to 60 in 9.6,,, anybody can do it, it is up to us to grin and bear it,,, only a couple posters I would want to bare it,,, but we are all having fun sharing it,,,, so no need in declaring and despairing it.. or???? ah,, never mind,, no hope. heheheheee. :confused:
Go Elio,,,,

JS
0 to 100 in 9.6 seconds has been quoted many times in several places. I believe started from a article from a TV interview.

outtaget1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yep,, my bad,,, I didn't go back far enough,, but was brought to my attention,,, I rescind the "till your post",,, with regret, but stand by the rest of the hyperbole I offered. hehehee all in good humor.
Go Elio,,
JS

Top Bottom