• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Americans scorn small goofy cars like the "Smart" car. Americans LOVE cool small cars like the MG's, The Spitfires, Datsun Z's and so on. As the owner of a daily driven F350, I look forward to Elio.
Americans didn't scorn the goofy looking VW Bug (my first car). It could be lack of marketing. Oddly, I have never seen a Smart TV advertisement.........or print add in my neck of the woods. The few Smart owners I've talked to like them.

Starting to see many Fiats on the streets and frequent Fiat TV creative Advertising Spots.

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Americans (my first car) didn't scorn the goofy looking VW Bug. It could be marketing. Oddly, I have never seen a Smart TV advertisement.........or print add in my neck of the woods. The few Smart owners I've talked to like them.

Starting to see many Fiats on the streets and Fiat's creative TV Advertising Spots.

Good thing Elio is softening up the market with TV spots then, eh?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good thing Elio is softening up the market with TV spots then, eh?
eh?? Whatever EM does is their choice and I'm fine with it, but as you apparently know I am a fan of spending limited funding on production that generates a product to sell.............followed by spending actual sales revenue on TV ads and product marketing. Just different philosophies on spending limited funding sources. Most customers would find it frustrating to see a product advertised on TV that they want to buy, but is not currently available with no specific availability date.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
eh?? Whatever EM does is their choice and I'm fine with it, but as you apparently know I am a fan of spending limited funding on production that generates a product to sell.............followed by spending actual sales revenue on TV ads and product marketing. Just different philosophies on spending limited funding sources. Most customers would find it frustrating to see a product advertised on TV that they want to buy, but is not currently available with no specific availability date.

Most people my age don't even watch broadcast TV, myself included.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Americans didn't scorn the goofy looking VW Bug (my first car). It could be lack of marketing. Oddly, I have never seen a Smart TV advertisement.........or print add in my neck of the woods. The few Smart owners I've talked to like them.

Starting to see many Fiats on the streets and frequent Fiat TV creative Advertising Spots.
I recall that originally, there were some TV spots emphasizing safety, then the TV advertising stopped when they couldn't get enough units imported to meet the demand. I'm sure that as soon as they stop selling every car a few weeks after it hits the lot then we'll see TV ads again.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most people my age don't even watch broadcast TV, myself included.
More options out there than broadcast TV these days, although not good for TV advertisers like Elio spending money on TV ads and not reaching your demographic. Their focus may be on my old geezer demographic.

I spend a couple hours on TV and more time on this site than I should. I need a new hobby........maybe customizing my future Elio.

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Americans scorn small goofy cars like the "Smart" car. Americans LOVE cool small cars like the MG's, The Spitfires, Datsun Z's and so on. As the owner of a daily driven F350, I look forward to Elio.
I remember the first time I saw this "small goofy car". I did think it to be small and goofy looking. Their business model seems to have worked out OK.
image.jpeg
(Early Honda)

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember the first time I saw this "small goofy car". I did think it to be small and goofy looking. Their business model seems to have worked out OK.
View attachment 8488
(Early Honda)
Speaking of small cars, when I worked at Dallas Power and Light back in the early '60s, there was a rather large man who drove a "Morris Minor".
We all called it a "Morris Men's Wear". He promptly corrected us stating that is was a "Neiman Morris".

Top Bottom