• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find the Elio quite fascinating, but 'prototypes' have been kicked around for a few years now. I would buy one without hesitation, however, I'll write the check out when I see a video of a production line actually making cars. It's time for Elio to do its 'business', or get off the pot.
Welcome to the best site all Elio, as you graze, you'll notice a great many folks with skills directly related to producing this vehicle, Elio has in fact been off the pot and doing it's business for some time now. When you see a video of the line, much will have happened- for sure when production begins the publicity/news it will generate will become common knowledge, the incentives will no longer be necessary, and when you write your check you might be waiting on the back-end, as long a time as many on the front. We each have to decide the level ($) of commitment we invest in this project and timing.
This ranges from folks who are waiting without any $, to those who've gone "all-in" at the $1k level. It is possible for you to get on line without risking any $ by examining "want-in" (refundable). I wish you luck in your decisions as the project moves forward.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm hoping before May 2017...that's when my lease is up!
Welcome from Seattle, moved out here last year to be with my newborn grandchild- Lived 13 yrs just up the road in Delray Beach. I'm hoping it's your car lease, and not your home!, BTW, When the stores are in place, you'll be as close as they get- Ft. Lauderdale has been one of the selected store locations !!
BIG BIG NEWS for you, the Elio will be in Palm Beach (fairgrounds) upcoming, check their website for dates, it's tied into the Barrett Jackson Car auction (you'll pay $7.00 admission) get there at the opening and twice I've never waited but a few minutes!!

Charles Stanley

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was wondering if we had information on the planned rate vehicles will roll off of the line. I am holding a reservation number ($1K-all-in) in the eleven thousands. Would my car emerge on day 51 or day 137? Curious.

Elio Production goals for startup of production.

The Shreveport, La plant has two production lines. In the beginning there will be Camau employees as well as Elio employees working together to run production. Camau is the supplier of robotic equipment used to build automobiles and is used all over the world in the Auto Industry. As such it makes sense that they will lead the production lines and teach Elio employees. Eventually the Camau employees will not be needed and the production will be run by Elio employees. Production is to progress in 45 day stages as follows.

1st 45 day cycle / one production line is to be run by Camau employees with Elio employees assisting and learning. Production is to be 70% of line capacity and will produce 350 Elios a day.

2nd 45 day cycle / one production line is to be run by Camau employees with Elio employees assisting and learning. Production is to be 100% of line capacity and will produce 500 Elios a day.

3rd 45 day cycle / Both production lines will run with Camau employees and Elio employees. Production is to be 70% of line capacity and will produce 350 Elios a day for each production line for a daily total of 700 Elios a day.

4th 45 day cycle / Both production lines will run with Camau employees and Elio employees. Production is to be 100% of line capacity and will produce 500 Elios a day for each production line for a daily total of 1,000 Elios a day.

Using these goals the production numbers should look like this.

1st 45 day period.... 350 Elios a day times 45 days = 15,750 Elios total

2nd 45 day period.... 500 Elios a day times 45 days = 22,500 Elios, for a total production since startup of 38,250 Elios

3rd 45 day period.... 700 Elios a day times 45 days = 31,500 Elios, for a total production since startup of 69,750 Elios

4th 45 day period.... 1,000 Elios a day times 45 days = 45,000 Elios, for a total production since startup of 114,750 Elios

Production to be 1,000 Elio a day from then on.

While that may seem a lot consider that recently a TV documentary showed a car factory producing a new care every 90 seconds. And the Elio has only 1/3 as many parts as the average car.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I talked to Paul Elio in June, 2015 and he said the following. Of course it may have changed since then.

For the first 45 days, enough people to staff two shifts will be working together on one shift. They will start at 70% of capacity and increase to 100% capacity by end of the 45 day period. For the next 45 days, these two groups of people will split up and operate two shifts. Once again they will start at 70% and increase to 100% by the end of that 45 day period. At day 90, they are expecting to be at 1000 per day (100%) which is a yearly rate of 250,000 per year, and remain at that rate. They are expecting to produce essentially 250,000 vehicles during their first 12 months.

Top Bottom