• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

Charles Stanley

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I talked to Paul Elio in June, 2015 and he said the following. Of course it may have changed since then.

For the first 45 days, enough people to staff two shifts will be working together on one shift. They will start at 70% of capacity and increase to 100% capacity by end of the 45 day period. For the next 45 days, these two groups of people will split up and operate two shifts. Once again they will start at 70% and increase to 100% by the end of that 45 day period. At day 90, they are expecting to be at 1000 per day (100%) which is a yearly rate of 250,000 per year, and remain at that rate. They are expecting to produce essentially 250,000 vehicles during their first 12 months.

Sorry but thye are going to start one production line at 70% capacity or 350 Elio a day for 45 days. The second 45 day period they will run that one line at 100% or 500 Elios a day. The third 45 day period they will split the employees between the two production lines and run each at 70% or 350 Elios for a total of 700 Elios a day. A fter that 45 day period the plan is to run both lines at 100% for 500 Elios each for a total of 1,000 Elios a day. This information was published by Elio over a year ago. No one has said any different so this must still be the plan.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but thye are going to start one production line at 70% capacity or 350 Elio a day for 45 days. The second 45 day period they will run that one line at 100% or 500 Elios a day. The third 45 day period they will split the employees between the two production lines and run each at 70% or 350 Elios for a total of 700 Elios a day. A fter that 45 day period the plan is to run both lines at 100% for 500 Elios each for a total of 1,000 Elios a day. This information was published by Elio over a year ago. No one has said any different so this must still be the plan.
The end goal of both of these schedules is the same: 1000 vehicles per day. The only difference in these two schedules is how they plan to start out at zero and ramp up to that 1000vehicles per day. My information came from Paul Elio himself in a discussion with him. I suspect it has changed before and after that discussion, and will probably change again before they reach that rate.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When is the exact start of the first 45 days they talked about?

Welcome Nightvisions!
This elioowners forum Is not in any way connected with Elio Motors. So, the answer to your question is...NO. :p
Because EM is a "startup" the timelines given are only "target dates".
IIRC,
Recent comments are saying...January '17. That is the "target" anyway. ;):D

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where'd you see that January 17 comment?
Please do not misquote me.
My comment was "IIRC,..."comments" (not official statements)...January of '17 .......And NOT January seventeenth.
If you have a more current "recollection" of "target dates"please feel free to correct me.;)

Top Bottom