• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Military Service

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know this thread was here....

US Navy, 1987 - 1993
Boot camp in Orlando, training in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Assigned to USS Omaha, SSN 692 in Pearl Harbor for four years.
Discharged as EM1/SS.

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The first system I worked on had a whopping 64 bytes of ferrite core memory, a tube that we used to heat up our lunches on night shift, and to reprogram it for different modes we'd swap out the black spaghetti box with a gazillion contact pins. Not to say the least I managed to damage one of those pins...in the freaking middle. Took me over a week to peel back all those wires, repin it, and put it all back. Luckily it passed the diagnostics the 1st time round. It was the only module we had for that mode of operation so I was sweating bullets for a week.

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just to put it out there... USAF 1992-2016. Retirement ceremony is 30 October his year at Kirtland AFB. Who's coming?

32 days and counting...
Let's just hope it doesn't get rescheduled! I had 11 days left when 9/11 happened. Then suddenly I was extended 3 months at a time for a year. I made the best of it since I had little choice in the matter.

Top Bottom