• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Military Service

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/09/t...sage-from-the-commandant-of-the-marine-corps/

MCLG.jpg

The 239th Birthday Message From The Commandant Of The Marine Corps
Semper Fi Marines - Happy 239th Birthday.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to reserve my thanks strictly for those who've seen action or in harms way.
OK I'll reserve a little thanks for all those who helped but there really is a special thanks and recognition for those who go in harms way. The way I see it; decadent Rome fell because the young people were smart enough to figure out Rome was no longer worth saving. We've never been more than one generation away from that decadence in America. I'm starting to hold my breath at every elections. All I can say for the last one is, whew! LOL

PS I have a friend who I'm proud to say has started an organization that places real help available to post traumatic syndrome combat vets. I watched him struggle for years to get this available to the vets. His recent success is most rewarding.

I just wanted to say....... Thank you for your service and putting yourself in harms way......BUT I give thanks to ALL that have served (like me, no action:() Even though some have not had the opportunity to see action, we signed up knowing we could at any given point someone presses the button and we go to war.

YOU and others deserve a more special who rha for being in the trenches BUT even just serving your country in peace time knowing you COULD go to war at any time is still deserving of a THANK YOU!

When the whole IRAQ thing started, I think I was 35 or close to it, tried to re-enlist (my family urged me not to) They were glad to sign me up (trying to cut corners) as I was at the age limit at the time. Went through all the paper work and was about to sign......I NEEDED to be guaranteed I went be sent over there and they would not so I did not end up re-enlisting. I always thought the most honorable death would be to die fighting for OUR country.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just wanted to say....... Thank you for your service and putting yourself in harms way......BUT I give thanks to ALL that have served (like me, no action:() Even though some have not had the opportunity to see action, we signed up knowing we could at any given point someone presses the button and we go to war.

YOU and others deserve a more special who rha for being in the trenches BUT even just serving your country in peace time knowing you COULD go to war at any time is still deserving of a THANK YOU!

When the whole IRAQ thing started, I think I was 35 or close to it, tried to re-enlist (my family urged me not to) They were glad to sign me up (trying to cut corners) as I was at the age limit at the time. Went through all the paper work and was about to sign......I NEEDED to be guaranteed I went be sent over there and they would not so I did not end up re-enlisting. I always thought the most honorable death would be to die fighting for OUR country.
Right on Lock, anyone who wore a uniform, no matter the reason, or time in history, this is our day to be recognized! To Those who saw combat or sacrificed everything and to their families, a very special "THANK YOU!"

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have eaten the free buffet at Golden Corral for several years past and thought a few minutes ago that I had missed it this year, since they do it on Monday, not Tuesday. So I checked and found out the free meal is on the 17th this year.

Here are some of the companies offering a Thank You to current and former military...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...s-marketing-casual-dining-fast-food/18671047/
Guess that means I need to pull out the old DD214 and get some freebies today! Home Depot usually has 10% off for Veterans today as well. Use to take Dad in ( retired officer ) and get what we needed as I would always forget my DD214!:)

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Any Combat arms of any of the services including the Coast guard are in harms way in my opinion. Beleeaaaaave me, LockMD. Anyone who serves under the present Administration is very definitely serving in harms way.
Personally I did all that I could legally do to stay out of combat. I find complete irony in that my enlistment SGT claimed there were no ASA agents in Vietnam, only to discover later that an ASA KY8 operator was the first Army casualty in Vietnam.
There is a library in Fort Devens Ma that is named for this guy, Sp 4 James Thomas Davis, 3rd Radio Research Unit
Combatants, Spooks, and secret agents, Both Green and Black Beret , Navy Seals, and Marines deserve a special thanks in that some are required to do things that question the deepest and most unwavering patriotism. Thank you

Top Bottom