• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Military Service

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is another heart wrenching story. One day around 1995 an elderly lady client of mine broke down and revealed her anguish and troubled circumstances as a teenager when war broke out in France, her Country. (WWII). Torn from her lover off to war he was killed before they were married. She was forced to bare his child homeless in the middle of the Nazi invasion. Sickly and forced to have her daughter in a convent resulted in her little girl being removed from her and given to someone else. Never to see her again. She came to America and lived here for many years with the hurt and anguish berried inside. This story has a happy ending in that a couple of years later she called as that she had been able to locate her daughter and, best of all, she was invited to come and live with her now grown daughter and husband on the outskirts of Paris. She called to tell my wife and I good bye.
Oh and to feel free to come and visit. LOL

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dustoff I think he was referring to the Christian America bit and play ground moms, not the story of your friend.

Nope,
Folks said:
LOL BTW you started all this with the passionate video of your Friend..
I said,
Scuze me.:( It is a military related story. WWII;)

All in fun :)

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I posted these in the football thread but thought they should be here too for all of us veterans.

I guess this was done at Lambeau Field on 9/11/14 and since veterans day is tomorrow..........

LF1.jpg

LF2.jpg

LF3.jpg

LF4.jpg

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I posted these in the football thread but thought they should be here too for all of us veterans.

I guess this was done at Lambeau Field on 9/11/14 and since veterans day is tomorrow..........

View attachment 3399
View attachment 3400
View attachment 3401
View attachment 3402
Thank you Lock, and thanks to all who have served, that includes your wives, husbands, children, parents, siblings and significant others! When someone serves in the military, it is a family affair! And thanks to my Mom and Dad, for the knowledge they instilled in me, to step up, when Country, Honor, Duty called!

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to reserve my thanks strictly for those who've seen action or in harms way.
OK I'll reserve a little thanks for all those who helped but there really is a special thanks and recognition for those who go in harms way. The way I see it; decadent Rome fell because the young people were smart enough to figure out Rome was no longer worth saving. We've never been more than one generation away from that decadence in America. I'm starting to hold my breath at every elections. All I can say for the last one is, whew! LOL

PS I have a friend who I'm proud to say has started an organization that places real help available to post traumatic syndrome combat vets. I watched him struggle for years to get this available to the vets. His recent success is most rewarding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom