• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Military Service

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Moderator Comment: This thread is particularly special to many of our members so I would like to encourage off topic discussions be taken to another thread.

Some of you may have noticed we generally try to keep moderation extra light in the 'Off Topic' area. This is the area we have set aside to discuss other subjects so we try and stay hands-of with most discussions as long as members are being generally respectful with each other, generally following along with flow of the conversation, and nobody is encouraging or engaging in activities which could be illegal. We also intervene in discussions any time the forum staff deems this could be detrimental to the site or our members.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So every time we mention our faith we are to be beaten down and censored , but those that do the beating down are free to express their hate all they want Funny how that works not just here but every where you go now.
So now people of faith are no longer welcome here unless they sit in the back a say nothing.
Well I don't back down from your attacks God bless you anyway.
It was not an attack, it was a statement of how I felt by Folks statement of, "Christian America has always placed emphasis on the uniqueness and the preciousness of each and every individual." This statement made me feel as if I were less of an American because I am not Christian. While I said I am not Christian, I never said I did not believe in God. Thanks for the blessing!:) Goofyone is right End of topic!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So every time we mention our faith we are to be beaten down and censored , but those that do the beating down are free to express their hate all they want Funny how that works not just here but every where you go now.
So now people of faith are no longer welcome here unless they sit in the back a say nothing.
Well I don't back down from your attacks God bless you anyway.
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I feel it imperative to point out that my statement was not about my belief in my Christian God but but rather a simple statement of fact. Most interesting is how a simple fact can spark others to contrive completely false insinuations of what I said. Please read it again. Kind of like being brought under their tribunal to answer to their false insinuations. That might get you put their Gulag elsewhere but thankfully not here in America. This is almost like a test tube experiment proving the intolerance of the very ones who try to claim tolerance. I think they are the ones who practice a New kind of Christmas. "Festivous for the Restofus". LMAO
PS has this nation sunk so low as to tolerate the taking of political prisoners? Better keep your eyes on the News.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was not an attack, it was a statement of how I felt by Folks statement of, "Christian America has always placed emphasis on the uniqueness and the preciousness of each and every individual." This statement made me feel as if I were less of an American because I am not Christian. While I said I am not Christian, I never said I did not believe in God. Thanks for the blessing!:) Goofyone is right End of topic!
keep your emotional and unwarranted feelings on the PM and you'll do fine here. Just the facts mam.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Faith and Belief. In any written forum, or face-to-face, anyone can easily get battered about for discussing it. And that easily sounds like being beat up about the specific beliefs.

The really odd thing is the closer you are to the same view the more energetic the contentions get.

This is the same reason parents never ( well almost ) instruct other parents about parenting at the play ground. But OH BOY, wait until you are in the car. Together with the spouse you get a pretty healthy laugh at best and a shocked morbid feeling at worst. :)

It's best to have faith you have more in common with others than it appears.

So at my work, over the years, I have the chance to talk to (one or more) Christians, Muslims, Hindu's, Buddhists, and others less known.

If you ask about Angels, do you have that? You get a yes or no. But if you listen long enough and ask enough questions, well yes, pretty much something like that is there. ( even for atheists, believe it or not ) :-)

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Faith and Belief. In any written forum, or face-to-face, anyone can easily get battered about for discussing it. And that easily sounds like being beat up about the specific beliefs.

The really odd thing is the closer you are to the same view the more energetic the contentions get.

This is the same reason parents never ( well almost ) instruct other parents about parenting at the play ground. But OH BOY, wait until you are in the car. Together with the spouse you get a pretty healthy laugh at best and a shocked morbid feeling at worst. :)

It's best to have faith you have more in common with others than it appears.

So at my work, over the years, I have the chance to talk to (one or more) Christians, Muslims, Hindu's, Buddhists, and others less known.

If you ask about Angels, do you have that? You get a yes or no. But if you listen long enough and ask enough questions, well yes, pretty much something like that is there. ( even for atheists, believe it or not ) :)
AriLea, LOL no one knows better how to raise your children, than the play ground Moms!:)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:
Top Bottom