• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mirrors And Other "cheap" Stuff

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks!!
I know my work commute here in PA can deal with cold and fog which can render the side mirrors useless without heat.
I searched the website and the only reference I could find is for deluxe exterior mirrors. I don't know if that means heated or not. I believe the forum thread was titled "Ultimate Elio" if you want to check it out or do what I did and search for heated mirrors. Good luck! :-) Z

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think heated mirrors have a good chance at being an option. Heavy frost and light ice screw up my mirrors. My wife drives our truck and it has heated mirrors.

RK2112

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I am will be taking a road trip to Columbus OH next weekend to see the Elio in person, I'll ask the question.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone feel heated mirrors should be an option? I think without a rear window heated mirrors would be a necessity in colder climates.

Yes Sir, RK2112, GREAT thought!

You are spot on. Absolutely anywhere, and anytime in this country, a car without a rear window has to have heated outside mirrors, or we are driving blind. :cool:

Thanks RK2112!

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can reach both of them from your seat. Nice to have, yes. Essential no.

I have to agree with Karl on this.

I've lived in MN all my life and the number of times I thought I needed heated mirrors has been very rare and usually only related to freezing rain conditions. Since you can reach both mirrors from the driver seat perhaps packing a can of deicer to squirt on the mirrors might be a solution for those concerned about icing.

Top Bottom