• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mirrors And Other "cheap" Stuff

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll use an ice scraper and a couple of those snazzy Canadian Club bags on the 12 days of winter we have here.

yeah, but August is a biotch
In winter I carry a small squirt bottle filled with RainX with ice melt in it.
Hit the mirrors, clean off the windows then clean the mirrors. Comes right off.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_A_8TmtxNTS_X0asCfKV4sDU-_ZIA0Uy8a-V8Ju2Lcc_zVaYA.jpg

Coda1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Minnesota and have never had heated mirrors. Might be a nice frill but definitely not necessary. Even if it is offered as an option I won't be getting it.

SRTech

Reaction score
I would buy that option if available. I live in the Sierra foothills and drive to the lowlands every day so I am going from cold dry air to warm moist air. The mirrors fog up the worst but the windows can fog so badly that I have to use the AC and windshield wipers to dry everything inside and out. My commute is 96 miles/day so I am looking for a vehicle to cut down my $350-$400/month fuel bill. The Elio looks to fit that description perfectly!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would buy that option if available. I live in the Sierra foothills and drive to the lowlands every day so I am going from cold dry air to warm moist air. The mirrors fog up the worst but the windows can fog so badly that I have to use the AC and windshield wipers to dry everything inside and out. My commute is 96 miles/day so I am looking for a vehicle to cut down my $350-$400/month fuel bill. The Elio looks to fit that description perfectly!
Elio email.......... responded no heated side mirror option.
However, there are kits available to adapt your standard factory mirrors for those that really need them.image.jpg

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that they will have an adjusting piece so you can adjust the mirror from inside the car. They are trying to keep costs down so you can always swap on better knobs if you like.

I do worry about the blind spot since you can't see out the back. When I pick it up at the factory, I'll probably drive straight to the nearest Napa and get 2 blind spot mirror for the side mirrors. I'd certainly pay more for it as an option if they offer it. I think that the company is crunched to release a prototype like the p4 which is why certain small details have been overlooked

A big time lag with this reply, but if you stand behind the vehicle and keep moving towards it until you can just see both mirrors, you're gonna be pretty close to that Daschle.

Top Bottom