• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mitsubishi Plant For Sale: Why Not Build There And Have Them Invest

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
interesting .... I have no idea if Paul would have any interest whatsoever .... right off, unless his deal in Louisiana should fall through, I tend to doubt that he would .... I can see how having options like this could go a long way in helping firm up the local support for the agreement he already has

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There was another key item they brought up about that plant "UAW" bad word when you're trying to build a sub $7,000 vehicle.
In the plant the Elio is going into they have said they will be able to reuse a number of the assembly line items for building the Elio; from the sound of the plant in the article a lot of the equipment had not been replaced in years so it would be a lot less likely that Elio would be able to reuse any of it; and selling the old stuff? Not going to happen; from the sounds of it scrape metal at best.
I'm sure there are a number of empty plants all over the country, why Elio chose the one they did you would have to ask them.

RGordon

Reaction score
It may be cheaper for Mitsubishi to support a winner than the cost of the payouts to close the plant, just sayin'

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It may be cheaper for Mitsubishi to support a winner than the cost of the payouts to close the plant, just sayin'

since posting the comment above, I made a call to friends whose family owns a factory in Illinois .... he told me that the state is about as anti business as he knows of .... that regulation and unions are making it very difficult to survive .... he said he wouldn't start a company there today and is considering moving and the major hold back is the long history they have in their community

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
since posting the comment above, I made a call to friends whose family owns a factory in Illinois .... he told me that the state is about as anti business as he knows of .... that regulation and unions are making it very difficult to survive .... he said he wouldn't start a company there today and is considering moving and the major hold back is the long history they have in their community
Tell your friends family to cross the border into Indiana - we love bringing in new businesses/jobs from Illinois.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tell your friends family to cross the border into Indiana - we love bringing in new businesses/jobs from Illinois.

it wouldn't surprise me if he decides to shut down his operation .... with the way he feels toward his long time employees, it wouldn't surprise me if he stay put and tries to ride it out

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why would someone want to open a manufacturing business in an agency shop state like Illinois?
If someone has been in an area like that for some time I can see staying out of loyalty to their employees.
But open a new business there? Not!

Top Bottom