• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V119

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmm...

It seems the discrepancy between 'turning radius' and 'turning circle' is quite rampant indeed. I wish we knew which figures we were dealing with so fair comparisons could be made.
Well, with the Elio's wheelbase known, if we could discern the degree that the front wheels turn, we could calculate the actual turning radius and circle, etc.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With a longer wheel base than my 2014 Mirage I want to see a tighter turn. Really ... let's see it!

Waiting...
Unless the Elio rear wheel can be turned, it won't happen... unless your Mirage has some other limiting factor to turning.

JK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what I thought. The numbers say 15.1' radius, 30.2' circle for the Mirage. So Elio states "The turning radius of the Elio is currently 28.9 feet." and that would make the circle 57.8 feet. Now that makes more sense... That's a big circle but the math works.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio being kind of long with limited turning angles due to the fenders sure doesn't help it turn sharper. Now, if that rear wheel could be turned to augment the turning radius...

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

chassis-front-2017-aug-jpg.21973

Looks like a large sunroof. I thought it was going to be the size of a sheet of paper.

Not too fond of the skinny front tires. The rims stick out farther than the tire.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]
Looks like a large sunroof. I thought it was going to be the size of a sheet of paper.

Not too fond of the skinny front tires. The rims stick out farther than the tire.
That's the inner frame of it, it's not a sunroof cutout, glass won't curve that much front to rear unless you like big leaks.
Plus you look close, you can see the cross brace across the roof. Very limited area.
And where do you see the rims sticking out?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's the inner frame of it, it's not a sunroof cutout, glass won't curve that much front to rear unless you like big leaks.
Plus you look close, you can see the cross brace across the roof. Very limited area.
And where do you see the rims sticking out?
The rims are sticking out the side of the tire, facing towards the side. The gray part. I am not referring to the part of the rim in contact with the tire.

I made sure these pictures would appear on the post (I thought). I went back and viewed after posting and they were there. Now it only says. "Broken External Image". When these pictures appear in postings, are the pictures always accessed from Elio Motors and they have stopped freely supplying them to reduce their internet operating expenses?

Top Bottom