• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

More Fluff

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today the Elio Marketing team put out their weekly reader -- all about how many jobs Elio would produce.
I sent them the following note, and wonder how many of you agree with it.

It will only mean jobs if you get something actually built and sold. Stop with the promises and start with the deliveries.

You need to say much more about where you are in the design process and in the design-for-manufacturing process. You need to be more specific all the way around.

Pieces like this just jeopardize your credibility … all fluff, no meat.

I'm all-in, and would far prefer factual updates about the vehicle and manufacturing progress (and financing progress) than this sort of material -- too much of it already.​

fred bott

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You are right, EKH. Why can't we get some factual info about just what is going on at the factory NOW !

I read that they hired this BIG gun retired engineer to run the factory, and then I heard he quit...What's up with that ?

If I don't get my ELIO by my birthday 8/31/2015
I am going to hold my breath till I turn blue...that'll show 'em. :rolleyes:
Any truth that Paul Elio is studying CHINESE ?????

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are right, EKH. Why can't we get some factual info about just what is going on at the factory NOW !

I read that they hired this BIG gun retired engineer to run the factory, and then I heard he quit...What's up with that ?

If I don't get my ELIO by my birthday 8/31/2015
I am going to hold my breath till I turn blue...that'll show 'em. :rolleyes:
Any truth that Paul Elio is studying CHINESE ?????

Sometimes "retired" folks that agree to take on a job, realize their age, health, family health, or any number of situations occur. If we were "shareholders" we might have the right to expect answers to specific questions. But since EM hasn't gone public...........
Way to go ELIO! .................Another smart decision! GO ELIO !

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes "retired" folks that agree to take on a job, realize their age, health, family health, or any number of situations occur. If we were "shareholders" we might have the right to expect answers to specific questions. But since EM hasn't gone public...........
Way to go ELIO! .................Another smart decision! GO ELIO !
So why don't you reveal your age on your account, outsyd? hum? I've always been a little tired so I've never really "re"tired.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today the Elio Marketing team put out their weekly reader -- all about how many jobs Elio would produce.
I sent them the following note, and wonder how many of you agree with it.

It will only mean jobs if you get something actually built and sold. Stop with the promises and start with the deliveries.

You need to say much more about where you are in the design process and in the design-for-manufacturing process. You need to be more specific all the way around.

Pieces like this just jeopardize your credibility … all fluff, no meat.

I'm all-in, and would far prefer factual updates about the vehicle and manufacturing progress (and financing progress) than this sort of material -- too much of it already.​
I agree. And I'm sure your concern is shared by most of us here. It can be frustrating depending on how you look at it. Other car makers shows us a prototype of what could eventually a production car in the future when they decided to do so. With EM, they gave us an inside look and made us more involved by providing us progress reports. That is the reason why we get impatient when we don't hear any new development news from them. We're humans and it's understandable. I respect that negativity from you because it's out of frustration unlike others that go on and on with their own prediction of doom for EM, how they let their ego gone wild because they think they know it all, they have the titles to show for it but unfortunately in the end, they have nothing but.....opinion. It's still a long wait until next year but it better be the last delay for EM or we can entertain all our fears. June -July is where EM will do all the testing with the IAV engine in place. I suggest you wait until then because the result of these test will determine if they can move ahead to production. Hang in there.;)

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to try to put a positive spin on the "fluff" and same old recycled stuff comments.

Elio is experiencing a huge volume of growth with regard to the number of new people that are just now learning of the elio. Although it is redundant to those of us that have been following elio for awhile I am certain that republishing some of this information is actually intended for those new folks. It gets them up to speed without them having to dig back through numerous other postings. I don't know about you folks but as a newcomer I need to be hooked before I'll invest the effort to dig that deep. By republishing information elio is setting the hook.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always wondered what elio did in the two years after he was flatly turned down in 2010 by Pontiac Michigan and his promise of 2600 jobs. I think he probably took a course at the Bernie Madoff school of new business start-ups. He popped up, (almost said pooped up) with a brand new scheme. The problem, he really thought he would get triple the money he has received as of today..and the heavy investors haven't been sold on the idea of a very limited vehicle with only two seats..and very little trunk space. He thought families with kids up to 16 would buy the elio. Maybe, maybe not...doesn't look so good now.

Top Bottom