• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

More Fluff

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not exactly -- try two national awards for corporate communications, and management and consulting assignments for GE, HP, Union Carbide, and many, many others. At GE I reported directly to the Sr. VP for Engineering …helping engineering-oriented firms communicate was a specialty.

Now that we've settled that, I'm fed up with nastiness in place of discussion on this forum. It isn't necessary, and it isn't helpful. We would all like Elio to succeed. And it is a fundamental fact of successful organizational communications that facts -- concrete, specifiable, verifiable -- facts have a whole lot more credibility than promises unbacked by performance.

Celebrate your accomplishments, be a little more forthcoming about challenges (as GM is slowly learning to be), and you gain credibility. This is vital for a start-up with money problems and engineering challenges.

I certainly hope Elio learns this lesson, and not the hard way. Like all of us here, I want them to succeed. But that doesn't mean I have to wear blinders. Nor should you and your fellow flamers.
There you go. Clarification was all that I was asking about. No need to get defensive about it. I've never been accused of being mean, a flamer, or disrespectful here. If you are mentioning things that come from your experience, a little background info on where your experience comes from can lend the reader a perspective on what your point of view is coming from. From what you've said in the post above, I can assume that you've worked as a consultant at an un-named firm (no problem with that) and that you've consulted with several firms. That lends respect to your opinions (in my opinion, anyway). I can also see that while you've worked with some engineering-oriented firms in regards to communications but perhaps no involvment with automotive engineering or plant management. But, I can see where corporate communications can help Elio get a message out.

Again, reading some of the posts on this thread, I see less tolerance by quite a few people. I can see why you jumped to an assumption that I might be attacking you - But, that really wasn't the case.

Top Bottom