• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

More Fluff

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Horn, YOU are one of the clowns here! You have Nothing invested, you have No input unless it is negative criticism and your ONLY motive to be on this forum is to fire up people and belittle their decisions so you can run back to your Clown Posy Geo forum and Further slander this group and the product WE are interested in to get a laugh. YES, I have been reading your posts on that forum ALSO. While PJ may have no friends you sir have No life! You sit in your mommies basement 24/7 preying on forum members to get your rocks off. Why don't I or others here go and bad mouth the GEO forum? Because we are NOT little spoiled girls (or boys without stones) looking to get a thrill out of despairing others as a primary goal in life. Go Find A Life Clown.

Well you haven't read all of my posts then. I have questioned the gear ratio on here while at the same time mentioning what transmissions would bolt up to this IAV engine (assuming its pretty much a g10). 4.39, 4.10, 3.79, 3.52.

I guess you haven't read where I talk about how much I like the car and the idea of it. I also have disagreed with other "clowns" on here. For example, in another thread about marketing the car, I disagreed with what whatthehell said his opinion was on who to push it towards.

I have also shot down another fellow "clown" when he mentioned that a P.O. box number pretty much made it seem like the company was a joke.

Unlike you, I will not make up rumors or insult someone over a disagreement.

Now - lets get some facts down first. My mothers basement? Not quite, I live 500 miles away. I also live on the 3rd floor of a building. If this is a basement then I don't know what a basement is.

And please go ahead and join GMF. The concerns I have are the concerns most of those people have. This isn't a Geo people vs Elio people thing so please get that out of your head.

It's people like you who can't have a disagreement without regarding to grade school tactics. Fight opinions with facts, not with made up personal attacks.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Horn, YOU are one of the clowns here! You have Nothing invested, you have No input unless it is negative criticism and your ONLY motive to be on this forum is to fire up people and belittle their decisions so you can run back to your Clown Posy Geo forum and Further slander this group and the product WE are interested in to get a laugh. YES, I have been reading your posts on that forum ALSO. While PJ may have no friends you sir have No life! You sit in your mommies basement 24/7 preying on forum members to get your rocks off. Why don't I or others here go and bad mouth the GEO forum? Because we are NOT little spoiled girls (or boys without stones) looking to get a thrill out of despairing others as a primary goal in life. Go Find A Life Clown.
Blackbird, you may want to tone it down. You're spun up enough that you're going off base. Horn has looked at the Elio project with a critical eye, but he is not actually negative.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What Vasallo was quoted as saying was that there was an 80-90% probability that the car would be under $7,000. That leaves wiggle room -- for the first time ever.

For me, I can justify an Elio purchase as long as it is under $10K. Looking at the big picture, I don't think anybody can realistically hold a company to a fixed price. If they think they can do it for $6800 that is great. If it winds up being $7800 it's still a great value for the money. At some point it stops being a good value. What that is is different for everybody. JMHO. You are entitled to yours.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What Vasallo was quoted as saying was that there was an 80-90% probability that the car would be under $7,000. That leaves wiggle room -- for the first time ever.

My opinion: $2 or 3 hundred added to each unit will not make or break them, on the first year production run. I think they are very close to getting approved for the "clean energy" credits & if so, the $10mil lost by sticking with the original MRP will mean nothing.

On the other hand, If the cost to me goes up, no problem. Just think about how quickly that money will be "recouped" in gas & insurance savings. That is "VALUE". I am pretty sure 2nd production year MRP WILL go up. And I will still buy another one.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My opinion: $2 or 3 hundred added to each unit will not make or break them, on the first year production run. I think they are very close to getting approved for the "clean energy" credits & if so, the $10mil lost by sticking with the original MRP will mean nothing.

On the other hand, If the cost to me goes up, no problem. Just think about how quickly that money will be "recouped" in gas & insurance savings. That is "VALUE". I am pretty sure 2nd production year MRP WILL go up. And I will still buy another one.

RMC gets 2 likes

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

This is not the first time they have indicated the price may rise a little bit. Jerome, and Paul, have been pretty open about the fact that according to their own estimates they are a few hundred dollars north of the $6800 goal however they are working on bringing that number down as close to $6800 as possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom