• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

More Fluff

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually he likes the vehicle, just does not believe paul elio can pull it off, just like the folks in Pontiac Michigan did not believe it either.
I guess the fact that on large investors are not willing to take a chance with EM does mean something. The numbers do not work.!
I bet Paul thought he would be at 40,000-50,000 reserved as of yesterday. But the likes are not money, the real test is commitment and 18,000-20,000 is not going to make a investor put up $200,000,000. !
Elio simply misjudged the market. Bty, in January 2010, the price of gas was so high, $2.71 a gallon...today, a dollar more. You would "think' just the gas price would bring the "money people" knocking on the door right? They are not knocking at all.
Is it EMs plan, the mgmt. team, or is it the vehicle itself? Probably all three!

Kent

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Today the Elio Marketing team put out their weekly reader -- all about how many jobs Elio would produce.
I sent them the following note, and wonder how many of you agree with it.

It will only mean jobs if you get something actually built and sold. Stop with the promises and start with the deliveries.

You need to say much more about where you are in the design process and in the design-for-manufacturing process. You need to be more specific all the way around.

Pieces like this just jeopardize your credibility … all fluff, no meat.

I'm all-in, and would far prefer factual updates about the vehicle and manufacturing progress (and financing progress) than this sort of material -- too much of it already.​
I have a friend who lives in Shreveport. He tells me that the local TV news has reported that Elio Motors has told the Shreveport City Council that Elio would "inhabit" the old GM plant "late 2015 or early 2016."
That combined with the trial balloon about an Elio kit sounds sadly like the first two nails in the Elio coffin.
I hope I'm wrong, but I have to agree that all we are really hearing is fluff.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find it interesting that Ekh has been here a month and TOBASH for 2 weeks and already you both are throwing in the towel. Oh ye of little faith! I'm sure there are other vehicles out there that will suit you better. However I promise you will pay more for less. I can and will wait for my Elio! And in the process I will enjoy and celebrate every piece of information they choose to share with us. To my knowledge no other vehicle manufacturer has shared any information in my life time. Viva Elio! :) Z
I'm not throwing in the towel. I want my Elio! I do have what I think is a realistic view of the world and can accept that there are difficulties on the way to getting this done. There's a big difference between being concerned and throwing in the towel.

I will reiterate my basic point in this thread: repeating the same stuff, while production dates slip, does not build confidence. What builds confidence is SPECIFIC, concrete, factual information, not pie in the sky. "Today we committed to 135x70R15 tires" would be an example. Tells you that most of the suspension design is locked. Suggests progress towards manufacturing. It's the concrete nature of such statements that make them effective PR.

Fluff doesn't do that. After more than a decade in the field of corporate communication for fortune 100 companies, I do know what makes good PR.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are not shareholders nor investors. We only put a deposit down for one or more vehicles. We are privileged to be in the back seat of this new and exciting venture but that gives us no 'right' what so ever to demand nor threaten anything. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

I GIVE YOU 3 LIKES!

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are not shareholders nor investors. We only put a deposit down for one or more vehicles. We are privileged to be in the back seat of this new and exciting venture but that gives us no 'right' what so ever to demand nor threaten anything. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

"For 500 points: not a shareholder or investor, but gains if a company succeeds."

"What is a stakeholder?"

"Correct"

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jetpack54, oh, will it be 55 or 56 before you see a real live elio? Actually I have sent some of my ideas to the p.o, box in Phoenix. No office, just a .p.o. box.. what a company huh? That really gives confidence, how about you.

Don't get stuck up on the stupid small things to make a point. MANY corporations have a P.O. Box number after their address. The corporation that I work for does....I use to think it was for small scrub/wannabe companies, but from my understanding it isn't.

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a friend who lives in Shreveport. He tells me that the local TV news has reported that Elio Motors has told the Shreveport City Council that Elio would "inhabit" the old GM plant "late 2015 or early 2016."
That combined with the trial balloon about an Elio kit sounds sadly like the first two nails in the Elio coffin.
I hope I'm wrong, but I have to agree that all we are really hearing is fluff.
Welcome to the board Kent! Interesting attitude. Makes me want to ask... what brings you here?

And one other quick question, Kent... which local TV news station reported this?
Please, ask your 'friend'. I'd like to know. I bet they catalog their video newscasts.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not throwing in the towel. I want my Elio! I do have what I think is a realistic view of the world and can accept that there are difficulties on the way to getting this done. There's a big difference between being concerned and throwing in the towel.

I will reiterate my basic point in this thread: repeating the same stuff, while production dates slip, does not build confidence. What builds confidence is SPECIFIC, concrete, factual information, not pie in the sky. "Today we committed to 135x70R15 tires" would be an example. Tells you that most of the suspension design is locked. Suggests progress towards manufacturing. It's the concrete nature of such statements that make them effective PR.

Fluff doesn't do that. After more than a decade in the field of corporate communication for fortune 100 companies, I do know what makes good PR.
Elio is in Yahoo today from the Daily Ticker just 4 hours ago. The video is a little longer but the Elio's exposure is really on as the comments are mostly positive except for the manual steering and check it out, it mentioned that "the company that made the prototype and helped tweak the design is the same company that made the cars in the Transformer movie". Very interesting indeed. I'm not assuming that this company and the rest of the big suppliers are also it's investors???? Vasallo is also claiming that the price is now very close to the advertised price of $6,800. One other interesting note is that because EM is trying to pass this as a motorcycle w/ "exceptions" a motorcycle license is needed....well...motorcycle license is a lot cheaper than a regular car which will then also relate to cheaper insurance! Lastly, it's now saying production will start in March 2015!!!
I don't know about you guys but this is not the time to count them out....forget about the naysayers because they're just a bunch of stupid fools who relates the EM from past failures.....EM is moving forward! ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom