• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorcycle Vs. Car

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
And what is a 5 star rating for a motorcycle anyway? How far you get thrown???
Great first post :D welcome to the site.

While it's not a car, it is being designed to achieve 5 stars on the same tests that cars go through. While it is true that actual testing has not commenced, computer simulations are very good these days and most vehicles perform as simulated in the actual tests.

Your naysayer friends can search for their concerns here and find the answers from posts over the past 4 months or so.

cjmckay

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Great first post :D welcome to the site.

While it's not a car, it is being designed to achieve 5 stars on the same tests that cars go through. While it is true that actual testing has not commenced, computer simulations are very good these days and most vehicles perform as simulated in the actual tests.

Your naysayer friends can search for their concerns here and find the answers from posts over the past 4 months or so.
I made this a new thread. This looks like a great site!

Moderator Comment: Merged discussion back into this thread as it is a good place for it and we are trying to keep things organized

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the 5 star rating is for a motorcycle and NOT for a car? And what is a 5 star rating for a motorcycle anyway? How far you get thrown??? And it is just a projected rating anyway because there has yet to be any tests done what so ever. I want this car to be built.. I just have naysayer friends of mine picking it apart... Anything I can use as defense would help a lot

Parked.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the 5 star rating is for a motorcycle and NOT for a car? And what is a 5 star rating for a motorcycle anyway? How far you get thrown??? And it is just a projected rating anyway because there has yet to be any tests done what so ever. I want this car to be built.. I just have naysayer friends of mine picking it apart... Anything I can use as defense would help a lot
Well, you call it a motorcycle and then a car. Let's just compromise and call it an autocycle that has so far been computer tested to have a 5 star crash rating. Most vehicles being developed go through the same computer simulations before being built. It saves time and money. When the first vehicles are crash tested they will be adjusted if necessary to meet the 5 star rating. I hope this helps you.:)

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But!! It is my understanding that the 5 star rating is for a motorcycle and NOT for a car? And what is a 5 star rating for a motorcycle anyway? How far you get thrown??? And it is just a projected rating anyway because there has yet to be any tests what so ever. I want this car to be built.. I just have naysayer friends of mine picking it apart
I would think that the mere fact that you are considering this new mode of transportation should let them know that you have an 'Adventuresome Spirit'. That you don't follow the crowd. 'Only Dead fish go with the flow'.
Your enthusiasm and determination would 'speak' much Louder than any words you could say.
I have been riding motorcycles since the 11th grade, yep!! has been a Long time. My family and friends ask why I do it?? My only answer is 'Because I can'.
They have never known the Call of the road, the need to see this country, the open air, the Smell of Freedom, to do/go, where/when I want to. They go to a shrink for Therapy, I just fill up the bike and head out to get a dose of 'Asphalt Therapy', works for me. Up to this point, I've always Come Back.
Leave them with a parting shot, 'You just set on the couch, drink beer, eat potato chips and watch TV while I go and enjoy this Beautiful country.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think that the mere fact that you are considering this new mode of transportation should let them know that you have an 'Adventuresome Spirit'. That you don't follow the crowd. 'Only Dead fish go with the flow'.
Your enthusiasm and determination would 'speak' much Louder than any words you could say.
I have been riding motorcycles since the 11th grade, yep!! has been a Long time. My family and friends ask why I do it?? My only answer is 'Because I can'.
They have never known the Call of the road, the need to see this country, the open air, the Smell of Freedom, to do/go, where/when I want to. They go to a shrink for Therapy, I just fill up the bike and head out to get a dose of 'Asphalt Therapy', works for me. Up to this point, I've always Come Back.
Leave them with a parting shot, 'You just set on the couch, drink beer, eat potato chips and watch TV while I go and enjoy this Beautiful country.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.Ralph Waldo Emerson
That was great!

ctfink

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.Ralph Waldo Emerson
touche' taz! I retired in 2004, sat & got fat for 2 yrs & then began to capitalize on my talents that existed. Morale of story is (my guess) don't sit around & watch that river flow. Be the SALMON & head upstream against the current. It put a coupla inches on my biceps & an additional $6,800 bucks in the account earning interest for 14 more months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait the turn the HD route in Wisc into the Elio Adventure Tour(E.A.T). See ya in Milw.
-ctf-tommy

Top Bottom