• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorcycles---general

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I enjoy other people doing stuff like that, I know my limits, and long distance adventure riding, is one of many i can't do.
Did you watch "Long way around" or "Long way down" be fore your trip north?
Would you do it again? Are you happy you did it, at least once?

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am 60 years old and still running around on my KLR650. Here is a picture from my last trip to Alaska and the Yukon. 9019 miles in three weeks Rode from Utah to Prudhoe Bay then down to Dawson City Yukon and then up to Inuvik in Northwest Territory and then back to Utah
P1030879.JPG
. This photo is in the Yukon North of Eagle Plains. I rode with another friend of mine who is also on a KLR. We are planning to ride to Yellowknife on Great Slave Lake next year.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My original post showed a sport bike in highly dangerous manovers.

I thought there would be "general" post including cruisers, as example.

No body has one?

I have two Kawasaki KZ1300s which have water cooled inline six cylinder engines.

I also have two Honda CBX1000 with their air cooled inline six cylinder engines.

Am I the only person with a motorcycle?

Nope! There are still a few of us out there.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I currently have a Yamaha Super Tenere. This pic is of my Dad and me at the Arctic Circle in Alaska in 2011, with his Honda Gold Wing Aspencade and my Suzuki V-Strom. The Super Tenere replaced the V-Strom last year.
View attachment 21816
Good on you both. Be careful and keep up the good work.
I have been right there at that same sign. Lots talk about it, but it is a relatively small number that are able to pull it off. I count myself lucky that I was able to go. I hope all the others out there that want to go can make it happen. I don't know what it is about Alaska, but it is a fun place to ride motorcycles. It is certainly not without its dangers, but my KLR helps me putt along and enjoy the ride. Not much pressure to show how powerful the 37 hp bike is. But it is honest and reliable and keeps going. 36,750 miles on it so far in 4 years.

ajetmech

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good on you both. Be careful and keep up the good work.
I have been right there at that same sign. Lots talk about it, but it is a relatively small number that are able to pull it off. I count myself lucky that I was able to go. I hope all the others out there that want to go can make it happen. I don't know what it is about Alaska, but it is a fun place to ride motorcycles. It is certainly not without its dangers, but my KLR helps me putt along and enjoy the ride. Not much pressure to show how powerful the 37 hp bike is. But it is honest and reliable and keeps going. 36,750 miles on it so far in 4 years.
Yes, my dad had been wanting to do the trip for quite awhile and had some people he was going to do it with, but as it is when trying to plan a big trip with several people, it kept sliding to the next year on the calender. So finally it ended up being just being him and me, he was 75 when we did that trip. I'm hoping to do it again with a couple of old childhood friends in the next few years, but it's still the old trick of everybody being able to juggle schedules, family, jobs, etc around a long trip.

pauljr

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I currently have a BMW R1200RLC which is probably the most enjoyable bike I ever owned. Just traded My Kawasaki Concours 1400 in on a Ford Fiesta. Wanted a small fun to drive vehicle and got tired of waiting for the Elio.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I currently have a BMW R1200RLC which is probably the most enjoyable bike I ever owned. Just traded My Kawasaki Concours 1400 in on a Ford Fiesta. Wanted a small fun to drive vehicle and got tired of waiting for the Elio.

I like every bike I have ridden/owned. Like my Dad used to say. Worst I ever had was excellent. He rode a 1929 HD 21 cu inch single. My uncles said they had to push it more often than they rode it. The stories get better every year, except that now they have all passed on. I am trying to find a 1929 single that I can afford to buy, but my dad also used to say "Wanting is better than Having". He always seemed to have a saying for everything. He has only been gone for 37 years and I still quote him.

In the case of my Elio though, I want to Have it!

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wanting is better than having. I know that one first hand.
I wanted a Porsche 928. I found a nice one I could afford. Not long after that, I didn't want it.
Crappie car!

Uncle Charlie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

I have a 2004 Connie, the old version of the bike. I'm not sure I'm man enough to wrestle that 1400. That looks like a lot of machine to me.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been riding legal on the street 49 years. From the first minibike ride I was hooked . It has been and is now a passion . Lucky my wife enjoys it also. I can not count the bikes I have had over the years. Currently have 3. 1996 Harley FB, 2015 Harley Street 750 and 2017 Harley RGU. A riding season for us is 20 to 60,000 miles.
They were out in the yard playing while I cleaned the bike room up.
Still hope to have the ELIO someday but #8019 is just a dream anymore. But at least I have aT shirt.

Top Bottom