• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't checked in for a while. I've read all the posts... I won't remember them all but, I love this project! If you can do this, I will buy one. Put me in line!
It's awesome isn't it? A lot of folks are pulling for Mark including myself!

Hopefully, he's going to prove it can be built and sold. He sure looks to be on his way, doesn't he?
The outrageous gas prices are only going to help drive the interest.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't checked in for a while. I've read all the posts... I won't remember them all but, I love this project! If you can do this, I will buy one. Put me in line!

1648454942088.png

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's been nearly a year since I was last here given the failure of Elio and the joke of the E-Elio. This alternative project sure is an interesting approach by someone starting from scratch and making one himself.
great to see you back on the open forum .... as you can see from looking through this thread, the BEX is the for real and I believe Mark will get it into production

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Per Mark BEX ....

Slow week for the BEX for various reasons, travel and other things going on.

I lost nearly half a day fault finding the wiring loom because the fuel pump wouldn't (pump), turns out the holes I bored in post 1,176 (holy smoke, that many?) I had disconnected the EFi computer loom to get my drill in there, and forgot to plug it back in, sigh ...

Now I have fuel pumping, I just need to get a fuel line to the engine, make a throttle pedal, mount the gearchange assembly, and it should be driveable.

Part of what is going on is I had to move some older car project stuff out of a friend's factory that has been there for over 5 years, as he has sold his factory, quite a pile, frames, molds, engines, parts etc, which i will sort out over time, no hurry.

junk 1.jpg

junk 2.jpg

This is one of those projects in bits above ..

8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Slow week for the BEX for various reasons, travel and other things going on.

I lost nearly half a day fault finding the wiring loom because the fuel pump wouldn't (pump), turns out the holes I bored in post 1,176 (holy smoke, that many?) I had disconnected the EFi computer loom to get my drill in there, and forgot to plug it back in, sigh ...

Now I have fuel pumping, I just need to get a fuel line to the engine, make a throttle pedal, mount the gearchange assembly, and it should be driveable.

Part of what is going on is I had to move some older car project stuff out of a friend's factory that has been there for over 5 years, as he has sold his factory, quite a pile, frames, molds, engines, parts etc, which i will sort out over time, no hurry.

View attachment 25589

View attachment 25590

This is one of those projects in bits above ..

View attachment 25591
Can't wait! So 3 sorties to go and your off to the streets. The BEX is so worth it because it's ICE.......and I LIKE THE SMELL OF GAS IN THE MORNING! nuff said. :becky::rockon::bored::flame:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Better hurry along and get it finished. Afterall, Elio is going to start building their electric car this year....

Currently I am ICE, they are EV, pretty much different demographics/markets, and I don't see how they can do it for the same price as many put a deposit down for anyway.

i.e. I ain't worried about them, and if anything, early entries into new markets tend to help each other grow the market.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not much to report except a sore back from yesterday's move, and a large lunch function for April 1st .. that included green meat :cool: (April Fools' joke = green meat)

But late in the afternoon the 2 bodyshells of the donor cars left, a requirement as part of the cleanup to gain some space in the factory. Always a little sorrowful to see the helpful friends leave, and I am a bit of a hoarder who has to toughen up a bit :cool:

gone.jpg

I still can't get over that they pay me to take them away, and decent cash too, I have to act 'unimpressed' with the cash they offer me, like it's too small, while hiding the fact that in Australia you have to pay the scrappers to take them away, lol!

Top Bottom