• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All the engine related wiring is done and fuse box mounted (red arrow), with a battery it would likely turn over with the key.

Battery is the next headache, trying to figure where to mount it, and it's not as easy as you might think, but I got to work it out.

The front is looking quite complete, mechanically that is, with most things in their place. Getting there bit at a time, after the battery will be fuel tank and fuel lines, it might even start up then.

wire 3.jpg

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The battery has ended up behind the firewall, left of, and next to your clutch foot. The box the new battery came in was handy to figure the location

bat 1.jpg

I always wanted it there, albeit a little lower, but was concerned the wiring loom junction box would have no room, and it's position is reasonably fixed because of the wiring loom, as is the fuse box.

So I whipped up a little battery cradle, drilled few holes, and Bob's your uncle.

bat 2.jpg

bat 3.jpg

For stability, being where it is very close to the front axle line, is close to ideal.

Top Bottom