• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In some areas gas is going for over $7 a gallon and expected to go higher. Hurry up Mark, now is the time for a car like yours. Don't miss the boat like Elio.

I think gasoline prices make a difference, but I don't think as much difference as many might think, although the $7 or $8 I predict it will at least peak at, will get some people considering a change.

I think the bigger difference is that it forces people to at least consider and try a smaller car, then they realise how practical a smaller car is, the convenience and ease of driving it around town, parking. more garage space at home, etc.and then they don't go back to a larger vehicle.

With a BEX type vehicle, even more advantages like driving forward into a car park in one movement.

park one move.jpg

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think gasoline prices make a difference, but I don't think as much difference as many might think, although the $7 or $8 I predict it will at least peak at, will get some people considering a change.

I think the bigger difference is that it forces people to at least consider and try a smaller car, then they realise how practical a smaller car is, the convenience and ease of driving it around town, parking. more garage space at home, etc.and then they don't go back to a larger vehicle.

With a BEX type vehicle, even more advantages like driving forward into a car park in one movement.

View attachment 25532

The way I see it, for what it's worth, is that to most Americans bigger is better. We've been spoiled with all these huge boats most people push around the streets. The only way many of us are going to change is if our wallet forces us to.

Even with high gas prices some will still just pay it and continue to buy gas hogs and drive as much as usual. I've tried to talk with my wife about all the unnecessary trips she makes and I've been told in no uncertain terms that she has no intention of reducing her driving no matter the cost. This is what I and others are up against. My only hope in reducing our gas bill is with a more economical car. An Elio would have reduced our gas bill by two thirds, but now that that no longer looks like an option I'm hoping Mark will fill the bill.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All valid points, thanks for the inputs, but I still got to build it!

The steering knuckles to suspension strut adapters worked out just great, bit scary when things work first time!

Ride height has been adjusted, couldn't be simpler, and now is sitting at 180mm or 7", but when radiator, A/C condenser, battery, wiring, washer bottle, bodywork and driver, etc, are added, should be down to 5", easy to adjust if need.

Notice rather than 4 separate holes, it's all one laser cut. They are 1/2" thick each, so no question of strength.

ride hite 1.jpg

ride hite 2.jpg

ride hite 3.jpg

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mark,
Have you attempted a test body panel fitment to see how much the front is going to have to be modified to accommodate those struts? After seeing the front view it's got me curious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom