• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's what the rest of the World calls hydraulic brake lines, because we are lazy :-)

Steel pipes, and rubber pipes for the connections to the wheels to allow them to move when the suspension to move up and down.
got'ya .... hopefully you have found a reliable supplier for when you get into production

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Braking News!

I got the pipes done today, most were too long, the longest one too short, but that's what I had to take for the moment, will get them sized properly of course when i make some cars. They are really well made by the way, strong tube nuts and really nice flares, and I don't mean 1970s jeans.

Long ones I simply coiled, yellow arrows, an old rally car or off road racer trick anyway to allow movement into the pipes to stop cracking.

Bit messy looking, but it's just the pre-production prototype, will clean them up and make them look nice on the real cars of course. By the way, not copper, copper coated. Copper pipes are illegal in most countries, crack too easily.

brake 2.jpg

Tomorrow put some fluid in, bleed them up and see what's seized up from sitting for so long. No biggy, brakes are very simple things.

Last edited:

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All this info about the building of the prototype is very interesting and encouraging, but I can't help but wonder about something. We've been disappointed before. Building a single car is one thing but getting that car into production is something else.

Mark, do you really have the wherewithall to produce your car in large quantities?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
he has said since early on that he doesn't need deposits (like Elio) nor does he need any additional backers ..... he is confident he can produce 100 vehicles in the first run .... the resources are available to him to expand production numbers to the level necessary to meet what will then be a proven demand

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
he has said since early on that he doesn't need deposits (like Elio) nor does he need any additional backers ..... he is confident he can produce 100 vehicles in the first run .... the resources are available to him to expand production numbers to the level necessary to meet what will then be a proven demand
I would like to hear it from him.... again.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
he has said since early on that he doesn't need deposits (like Elio) nor does he need any additional backers ..... he is confident he can produce 100 vehicles in the first run .... the resources are available to him to expand production numbers to the level necessary to meet what will then be a proven dema

I would like to hear it from him.... again.

My position hasn't changed other than I mentioned I may ask for some $100 Escrow deposits that are unconditionally, 100% refundable with no contracts, and no obligation other than maye a period of a couple of months, then you can return it to yourself at your leisure if want.

Note that Escrow themselves might charge a $2 fee (I think). And that is American based company, and I don't get one single cent of it. The only reason for it is I may have to prove to some suppliers or contractors that the orders are real before they tool up. That partly includes me of course.

Other than that, I have never requested a single cent from anybody. I don't need or want anyone's money until the point of fair exchange is reached, i.e. I give you car, you give me money.

People may not realise that while I am not seeking any money, that on the other hand, at the same time I am also not earning while this project absorbs my time. A double edged sword of losses.

-----------------------------

I don't know if the front caliper seals are sticking or the rear slave cylinder is leaking or other issues from sitting around for a bit, sometimes not, and good sign, they weren't dry, insides wet with fluid still, but I can mention I now have excellent pedal pressure just from mere gravity bleeding, not even pump bleeding or pressure bleeding. That's always a good sign.

There was some expected flex in the firewall, simply fixed with the appropriate stabiliser tube to the pedal box, arrowed, nothing more than 3/4" tube with the ends squashed
1f642.png

brake 3.jpg

Velhartice

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
With fuel prices soaring again(unfortunately) and inventory low, the timing might just be right to get a metaphorical foot in the door of the market on car like transportation.

Top Bottom