• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To have brakes, first you got to fit some on ...

From the donor car, nothing special, though they are of decent size (and vented) relative to the BEX's weight. Not a bad thing because the 2 fronts will do most of the braking.

Brake 1.jpg

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score

From the donor car, nothing special, though they are of decent size (and vented) relative to the BEX's weight. Not a bad thing because the 2 fronts will do most of the braking.

View attachment 25488
Good idea. (I don't think anybody was expecting Brembo's.)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 25488
I can almost see the finish line..... I see the driver's seat in place. Let's take this bad boy for a little spin shall we?:whoo::car:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Finally found a brake pipe guy in the next city over who supplies lots of the local parts shops with various lengths of brake pipes, from 6" through to 10'. Very well made, and has the lengths I need in my local parts shop, but I had to find him first then find out where they were sold in my city..

Once again it's not about just finding and fitting a part, it's about finding suppliers where required.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Brake "pipes" also had me scratching my head for a second... Ha!

I bet my local parts store employee would have a puzzled look – if I asked if they carried brake pipes for my truck? :lol:

Top Bottom