• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No great moments to post sorry, even my lunch was boring.

Just lots of little boring stuff going on guys, compresssed and fitted the springs back onto the suspension today for example.

Want to get all the wheels on, sit it on the ground, get the engine installed in the next day or 2, so I can have weight on the front suspension to set the front wheel's camber, then design and laser cut the appropriate mounting brackets from the steering knuckle to the struts.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Finally on it's wheels for real, with steering and brakes.

More work to be done, I see it's too low at the front, at least by 1" or more, easy fix as I had planned ahead for it, and I have to make the brackets proper for the suspension to steering knuckle joints.

Good news is the front spring rates feel about right, no reason they shouldn't be close considering the similar weight at the front of the donor.

The rear spring, which is the same as the front, I'm not sure yet until I can get to having a full tank of fuel and a person's weight in the back.

Of course will be great if all 3 spring/damper units are straight "off the shelf" and identical.

Roll 2.jpg

Roll 1.jpg

Roll 3.jpg

Top Bottom