• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mark,
Have you attempted a test body panel fitment to see how much the front is going to have to be modified to accommodate those struts? After seeing the front view it's got me curious.

I got a general idea, clearly the panels have to splay outwards, and on the inside of the panels is where the air is going to flow/escape out from the front through the radiator.

flow.jpg

Does that make sense?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Wiring? That's EZ, as long as you don't have to be upside down, been there, done that, way too many times.
It makes your eyes bug out, that's why I wear glasses, to keep my eyes in their sockets.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wiring? That's EZ, as long as you don't have to be upside down, been there, done that, way too many times.
It makes your eyes bug out, that's why I wear glasses, to keep my eyes in their sockets.

I originally trained as a Mechanic as a teenager, and at one time used to work in a British Bike restoration shop, including re-wiring from scratch, as well as a race and rally car builds. Very basic back then, lots of wires these days with all the sensors and computers ...

Well most of the wiring loom is plugged in for the engine side of it, still some to go, but I have run across an annoying issue: The wires are too short because I have moved the steering wheel over some 3" or 4" relative to where it and the fuse box were in the 2 seat donor car.

The are some 15 connecting plugs that go into the back of the instrument panel, pictured left, mounted on the steering column, so I ain't changing them! I have to get creative with the mounting of the fuse box, pictured right, to make up some of the length deficit, and hopefully the only issue later will be that the stock wiring loom wires are too short to reach the headlights, shouldn't be hard to fix that, or you lot can just drive only in the daytime and save me the bother.

wire 2.jpg

Top Bottom