• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm one of the few "old school" who hates carrying smart phones. All I wanted is a phone that sends and receives texts and calls, that's it. So when Samsung introduced the Gear S3 Frontier "stand alone" watch phone, it was a no brainer for me. Now, it goes with me like a regular watch in my wrist so no danger of misplacing it, it's light and it's not tethered to my smart phone that now stays at home! Thanks Dick Tracy!;):clap2:

I need my smart phone for things such as calculator, inclinometer while building, and internet to locate and look at components during the day. I also send files to the laser shop through the phone, as well as messaging suppliers with questions or orders.

I barely touch it at home, one thing I refuse to do is take my phone to the toilet with me, and I will ask family members not to use their phone while we are sitting at the table for a meal.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still unhappy with the steering mount setup, from a production perspective, so today I did it all over again, and went to a modular arrangement in that the steering rack will be a complete self contained package, with it's own separate mount, as pictured, that then bolts down onto the crossmember.

This has advantages, but of course uses more material for the support base.

The other picture is the environmentally friendly (i.e. 'green'), steering extension fitted (engineers don't worry, that's a temporary bolt).

new rack 5.jpg

So far getting the wheels to point in the right direction has been a bit of a bum steer.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
understood .... if you haven't done so, take a look at the BEX thread https://www.elioowners.com/threads/my-elio-alternate-project-is-underway.9481/ .... this time its being done right

You support is humbling and inspiring at the same time, but just note I am not there yet, so can not claim to be above or superior to Elio, and we aren't aware of their progress in the background either.

I still believe that brands early to market compliment each other, and empower sales for each other before the flood starts, or the market plateaus, so Elio is most welcome in my mind, and the bottom line is that the BEX would never have been started or ever exist if not for the ground work by Elio, creating and opening this market segment, as sour as it may sit with some at this time.

Upon saying that, I can't go past Peugeot for some of the inspiration of what was already in my brain before coming across the Elio saga ...

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Finally.

Just a simple drive out and back in to feel the steering, but still a few checks and small things to go over before I take it onto the street, but hey, a first drive is a first drive
1f642.png

Observant people will notice immediately that my anti-dive in quite effective when braking, and speaking of braking, very strong, good feel, even at that slow speed you can tell.

Top Bottom