• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good for you and congrats!!! When I order mine I want an exhaust pipe just like that....

You may or may not want to answer this question.... If Elio Motors contacted you and proposed you join forces with them to produce the "ELIO BEX", would you entertain an offer?

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congrats, milestone completed.
Any odd feeling on steering "Lock to Lock"?

Nope, pretty darn smooth actually, the rack has been moved to the left more, and now the steering shaft gets a very straight run at it.

The steering rack is now it's own module, can build them, set them aside until ready to drop onto the crossmember's 4 bolts at anytime.

new rack 6.jpg

Good for you and congrats!!! When I order mine I want an exhaust pipe just like that....

You may or may not want to answer this question.... If Elio Motors contacted you and proposed you join forces with them to produce the "ELIO BEX", would you entertain an offer?

Thank you, the Elio community has been very support'ful.

Business is business, but can't see it happening, it adds one more mouth to feed, and if they get to market, I can see it getting messy with so many people wanting their $1000 discount because of their deposit, which may come back to me for just being involved. I think I'm too old for that, rather have all you as friends :cool:

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope, pretty darn smooth actually, the rack has been moved to the left more, and now the steering shaft gets a very straight run at it.

The steering rack is now it's own module, can build them, set them aside until ready to drop onto the crossmember's 4 bolts at anytime.

View attachment 25654

Thank you, the Elio community has been very support'ful.

Business is business, but can't see it happening, it adds one more mouth to feed, and if they get to market, I can see it getting messy with so many people wanting their $1000 discount because of their deposit, which may come back to me for just being involved. I think I'm too old for that, rather have all you as friends :cool:
Good for you!!! Who wants to sign on board a sinking ship?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chipping away at the driving issues, steering is good now, brakes are great, feels very personal to drive with just the one seat up front, nice feeling
1f642.png

Weird vibes through the phone camera distorting the clarity, but be patient as it gets to external view later in the video.

I should really do a full safety check before I drive it next, a full check on every single nut and bolt, but excitement overcomes sensibilities!

PS: It's not slow!

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"feels very personal to drive with just the one seat up front, nice feeling"

THAT is exactly what we've all been waiting for!!

Is was great to see the video this morning!! It looks like it scoots pretty good – and can stop!
Do all of the controls seem to be in about the right positions? How about the gear shifter?

Top Bottom