• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand your question, you want me to bury it so you can go digging for it? :lol:
Nope. Just wondering if some of the Fit engines could be left alone (Bex "S"). I feel confident that I'll be able to manage power as needed with my foot. Or at least tell us how to restore them to stock.
You sure do good work.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The primary motivation is availability of automatic transmission, that I have not been able to secure supply of (at reasonable cost), as well as being able to buy parts anywhere and getting serviced at any local shop.
Will you still offer a manual transmission option?? I like the simplicity of a manual transmission and clutch (in all of my vehicles)
Personally I think the engine is a little bit too powerful for the application
A few years back I had a Honda Civic CRX HF (high fuel version of the 1.5 engine) - (5 speed manual transmission). Honda de-tuned that engine to get better gas mileage. (I averaged about 45mpg city/highway combined) It was still quite powerful and quick for the car.

I would like to agree with your statement that the 1.5 may be a bit too powerful for the mongrel. (Power to weight ratio)

Do you have a revised MPG estimate for the Mongrel with the 1.5 Honda engine and a manual gear box??

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unless the full HP 1.5 is uncontrollable in the BEX – I'm rooting for every HP I can get. I reflect on my old bike days and extra horsepower saved my life a few times – by having the capability to get out from underneath someone. Like blip the throttle and move without hesitation....

I LOVE the ideal of the Honda engine. I don't think there could be a better engine..... WooHoo!

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a shame the 1L Honda Insight engine isn't available, I also have a 2007 Fit with an automatic. It loves to run in the 80+ mph range. Over 125,000 miles and not one problem encountered. Averaging 32-34 MPG with sport manner driving in the mountains of Ca. It has paddle shifters for the sport minded. Same engine as in the Jazz. I think Honda is discontinuing the Fit for export though.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I LOVE the ideal of the Honda engine. I don't think there could be a better engine..... WooHoo!
I most certainly agree .... the fact that it allows you offer an automatic tranny is icing on the cake .... add me to the list of those who would love to have a full power model :clap2:

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to auto expert Scotty Kilmer Toyota and Honda make the best engines out there. A Honda engine and an automatic sound like a winning combination in terms of reliability and sales. Much better choice than a Chevy engine.

Top Bottom