• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not getting older.....just WISER! ;) I'm a 70 year old whiskey getting smoother each day.
I’m even older at 75, bake & slice my own bread, and apparently too wise to get overly excited about any three wheeler concept crossing the production/sales/delivery/service finish line, after following multiple enclosed three wheeler concepts since 2008 and still 3wheelerless. So far, so good, Bex is “telling us, showing us!”

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m even older at 75, bake & slice my own bread, and apparently too wise to get overly excited about any three wheeler concept crossing the production/sales/delivery/service finish line, after following multiple enclosed three wheeler concepts since 2008 and still 3wheelerless. So far, so good, Bex is “telling us, showing us!”
I've only been involved (made a deposit) in two 3wheeler start-ups and by far Mark is the most transparent, in your face, no nonsense guy who tells us the way it is. I have high hopes that I'll be driving a BEX rather than my grandkids.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
another question from one who knows very little :help:

how do you attach the frame/roll bar to the outer shell ???

The primary attachment for the sides, is the 4 x door hinges each side (8 bolts), on the A and B pillars.

The sides are sandwiched by the hinges. You can see it clearly here on the 2nd build, just the one top hinge ...

1664216312567.jpeg

There will be other attachment points, sills, C pillar etc.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've only been involved (made a deposit) in two 3wheeler start-ups and by far Mark is the most transparent, in your face, no nonsense guy who tells us the way it is. I have high hopes that I'll be driving a BEX rather than my grandkids.
4 refundable deposits for me. Bex reminds me somewhat of Frohnmayer‘s Team Arcimoto and their passion for the project, in terms of developing a concept with personal funding sources, tell me transparency, and show me progress reporting.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The primary attachment for the sides, is the 4 x door hinges each side (8 bolts), on the A and B pillars.

The sides are sandwiched by the hinges. You can see it clearly here on the 2nd build, just the one top hinge ...

View attachment 26042

There will be other attachment points, sills, C pillar etc.
info appreciated .... I figured that some sort of attachments had to be molded into outer shell but had no clue as to how they would be designed

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
info appreciated .... I figured that some sort of attachments had to be molded into outer shell but had no clue as to how they would be designed
For some reason had a memory of a toy car I had that when it runs into something it breaks apart. Found this on youtube:

Perhaps this will help Mark design a "fun" vehicle?

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is a "Storm" please? Did you mean the 'Strom'?

View attachment 26043

He probably meant the Sonders three-wheeler. (Storm Sonders)

The Sonders is pretty much dead, but along those lines, I hope this one that's backed by Daymak eventually makes it to production:

Last edited:
Top Bottom