• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He probably meant the Sonders three-wheeler. (Storm Sonders)

The Sonders is pretty much dead, but along those lines, I hope this one that's backed by Daymak eventually makes it to production:

The Spiritus Deluxe with 200+ range and 5 sec to 60 is impressive let alone the sleek design and even the price is just right but.....it's always the same story, make a deposit, promised production next year which could actually in the next 5 years and all you can actually buy are their merchandise. I don't think they even have a working prototype.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Spiritus Deluxe with 200+ range and 5 sec to 60 is impressive let alone the sleek design and even the price is just right but....

... and very little to do with the concept and ethos of the Elio/BEX.

Besides their very obvious lies in their advertising specifications, lies that they can not match for a production car. i.e. "40KWh battery" that weighs 300 kgs, yet they are going to produce a "600 kgs curb weight" car ... bollshot they are.

It actually annoys me being in competition with mythical CAD drawings, and people actually asking for money based on computer renderings and nonsensical spec sheets.

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... and very little to do with the concept and ethos of the Elio/BEX.

Besides their very obvious lies in their advertising specifications, lies that they can not match for a production car. i.e. "40KWh battery" that weighs 300 kgs, yet they are going to produce a "600 kgs curb weight" car ... bollshot they are.

It actually annoys me being in competition with mythical CAD drawings, and people actually asking for money based on computer renderings and nonsensical spec sheets.

Alpha Motor Corporation is probably the biggest offender out there of creating renderings and taking "reservations" off of them. At least they have not started asking for money yet, I don't think.

No one gets my money until after the production ready prototype has been made and tested, all of the claims verified in a real vehicle, and real production starts. Learned my lesson on that one.

Aptera is probably the closest to really going into mass production with a realistic three-wheeler.

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aptera is probably the closest to really going into mass production with a realistic three-wheeler.

? You call that realistic?

Expensive, but that's a choice, what isn't a choice is it's wider than a Ford F100, and for that I don't see the point from a practicability side of it. One of the advantages of a three wheeler is getting in and out of tight spots, easy parking etc.

Apologies Guys and Gals for this week, been to the bank a few times, and I mean for hours each time, same at the tax department, run to the airport, another run to another city, and just tinkering with a few things that's all absorbed time and hasn't allowed me to make any big progress on the car this week that's worth showing.

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apologies Guys and Gals for this week, been to the bank a few times, and I mean for hours each time, same at the tax department, run to the airport, another run to another city, and just tinkering with a few things that's all absorbed time and hasn't allowed me to make any big progress on the car this week that's worth showing.

No apology is necessary, at least from my perspective, I'm just enjoying being along for the ride! (from a great distance) :thumb:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
> practicability

So from a marketing side, it seems, NOT being able to get into and out of 'tight spots' is a deal breaker for you. For some number of US drivers, not having sociable seating and 4 seats is, or if it feels too much like a coffin.

For me, cost per-mile being better than the best 4 seater is my pivital item. Aptera will satisfy that threshold, so will the Mongrel. By how much? We will see. I plan to buy both, I will let you know. :cool: But then, admittedly, there is a limitation for me as to roominess. Actually all of us have some minimum limit we can stand for space.

Most everyone else will re-think thier 'deal-breakers' when they see the cost efficiency proven in the actual production vehicle.

I have met a lot of people who say they absoluely will not buy a solo seater. I've now seen two privately owned Solo's on the freeway locally. But note, the factory is halfway from my work to home, in Arizona. Did they get thiers as an employee benefit or discounted? I will likely never know.

I've seen more Smartcars in the same period, but not many more.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
> practicability

So from a marketing side, it seems, NOT being able to get into and out of 'tight spots' is a deal breaker for you. For some number of US drivers, not having sociable seating and 4 seats is, or if it feels too much like a coffin.

For me, cost per-mile being better than the best 4 seater is my pivital item. Aptera will satisfy that threshold, so will the Mongrel. By how much? We will see. I plan to buy both, I will let you know. :cool: But then, admittedly, there is a limitation for me as to roominess. Actually all of us have some minimum limit we can stand for space.

Most everyone else will re-think thier 'deal-breakers' when they see the cost efficiency proven in the actual production vehicle.

I have met a lot of people who say they absoluely will not buy a solo seater. I've now seen two privately owned Solo's on the freeway locally. But note, the factory is halfway from my work to home, in Arizona. Did they get thiers as an employee benefit or discounted? I will likely never know.

I've seen more Smartcars in the same period, but not many more.
I'll leave the EV to the younger generation and to those that can shell out 40-50K or more for what they call "efficient" vehicle. I'll also leave the "smart" cars alone for those who can't think for themselves- I'm smart enough to do my own driving thank you. :becky: And talking about efficiency- case in point- it takes all of 960 lbs of batteries NOT including the weight of the motors to move the Chevy Bolt with 5 people on board while a 1974 Volkswagen Van's 1.8 liter air-cooled 4cyl only weighs 290 lbs and carries up to 8 in roomy comfort and can fill up and go. Now if we're talking about real efficiency, speed and power- Toyota will start selling late this year and into 2023 the GR Corolla powered by (drumroll please) a 1.6L/300-hp/273-lb-ft turbo port- and direct injected DOHC 12-valve 3cylinder engine! Now imagine this engine powering that old beetle van.....or the BEX....who needs EV?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll leave the EV to the younger generation and to those that can shell out 40-50K or more for what they call "efficient" vehicle. I'll also leave the "smart" cars alone for those who can't think for themselves- I'm smart enough to do my own driving thank you. :becky: And talking about efficiency- case in point- it takes all of 960 lbs of batteries NOT including the weight of the motors to move the Chevy Bolt with 5 people on board while a 1974 Volkswagen Van's 1.8 liter air-cooled 4cyl only weighs 290 lbs and carries up to 8 in roomy comfort and can fill up and go. Now if we're talking about real efficiency, speed and power- Toyota will start selling late this year and into 2023 the GR Corolla powered by (drumroll please) a 1.6L/300-hp/273-lb-ft turbo port- and direct injected DOHC 12-valve 3cylinder engine! Now imagine this engine powering that old beetle van.....or the BEX....who needs EV?
After experiencing an EV the past couple of years, it’s a matter of want, not need. I’m Looking forward to the fewer off the shelf parts pure electric BEX. :)

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have met a lot of people who say they absolutely will not buy a solo seater.

The market has proven that over and over for the last 100+ years, from personal aircraft to golf buggies. Even sports bikes come with a tiny passenger seat. People are sociable, and even if they never take a passenger, they always want the option that they can.

Top Bottom