• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
from looking back at early rear suspension designs, you've really brought it into a much better system .... so, have you reached the point where you are ready to move onto another area until road testing determines what, if any, adjustments are needed ....

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
from looking back at early rear suspension designs, you've really brought it into a much better system .... so, have you reached the point where you are ready to move onto another area until road testing determines what, if any, adjustments are needed ....

Yes, basic design work finished, just a bit of strengthening etc to make it safe to road test.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A little bit of this, and a little bit of that,

mount fuel tank,

put on rear wheel to check clearances and alignment,

jump up and down on suspension,

check seat to pedal ergonomics,

mount steering wheel/column and relocate 3 times until right,

design and send out steering rack mount file to laser for cutting,

go home ...

1678528016661.png

Last edited:

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
have to wait and see if people actually want more, or not ...
I assume you'll let us know when its time to place our order?? Put a deposit down??

My girlfriend and I can't wait to take the Mongrel across the country. We drove cross country about two years ago and we are planning our next set of adventures.

My econo-box car is wearing out, but its been so worth it, as we've been checking different adventures off our "bucket list". We are both looking forward to replacing it with your Mongrel.

As a side note, I showed my girlfriend the staggered seats and she still wants the passenger door nicknamed the "Princess Door". I may have to get a magnetic sign made up that says "Princess" and put it on the passenger door. (LOL)

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assume you'll let us know when its time to place our order?? Put a deposit down??

Because of the Elio debacle with lots of people losing their money, I stated early on that I would not take deposits until I had something to exchange.

I have considered an Escrow setup, which is a minimum $100, that is put into an account, that 98% can be recovered at anytime if you so desire, until I meet the stated contract obligations. Escrow is a 3rd party, nothing to do with me, and I don't see one cent of it, but shows me how many people are serious so I can plan from there.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have considered an Escrow setup, which is a minimum $100, that is put into an account, that 98% can be recovered at anytime if you so desire...
This sounds more than fair. I'll keep watching for instructions.
Thank you!!

For the record, I did have a $100 refundable deposit with Elio Motors. I think I put the money down in 2014, by late 2016 my old car would go no further, so I purchased an econo-box. At that point, I applied for a refund from Elio and received a check. I was disappointed, but I didn't lose any money.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't checked this site out in quite awhile. Do you have any idea when a testable prototype might be completed?

I have a driveable 'tandem seat' prototype, but went a major step further after it built to a rolling stage, mostly for ease of production processes, but I decided to follow the staggered seating layout, and that should be test driveable as a chassis in a reasonably short time.

Top Bottom