• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As you see, part of the improved design was to get the steering rack to the outside of the firewall, it simply makes sealing the cabin from the engine bay a lot easier, although carbon monoxide is quite relaxing.

Speaking of carbon monoxide, that floor tunnel in the middle sticking out is where the exhaust will be routed, then down through the left hand floor sill, this was made possible by the staggering of the seats and offsetting the driver to the left some, this was a bonus as exhaust routing can be a real headache.

The amount of floor sticking out will mostly be trimmed back to under the steering rack.

1684255140520.png

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Designed, lasered and folded the lower seat runners.

Some have asked me if the floor is all fiberglass, yes and no, besides the seats rolling along these runners, they are also an integral part of the floor's strength, "bracing" being the correct term. or if you lived in Nepal, you would say "ब्रेसिङ"

These runners are a little short, being the first trial run, and they are fine, I just used what sheet of metal I had in the shop rather than waste money.

1684492518346.png

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been getting a firewall box pattern together, but also did the seat runners on the weekend.

Bit of fiddling around, and some laser'd hole positions need adjustment, but worked out rather well and added a lot of strength to the floor.

1684694612503.png

Don't mind the ugly cheap black bolts holding them down, not what I will use for the final, as well as the runners being longer.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Meow! Looks great! Definitely not your grandfather's Elio!

... and it's all working out now, maybe even on the final stretch?

Feels good to be doing actual production parts and preparation finally, and not major redesigns.

Anyway folks, will be quiet for a couple of days, off to Shanghai for 2 days, back Thursday night.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Shanghai is a mega city shitehole, as are most mega cities in the world today, nothing like the romantic ideals that books or movies may have been conveyed over time.
well, that being the case, I'm glad I haven't been there ....:shocked:.... do hope you had a good trip

Top Bottom