• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
well understood ... .... of the several ideas kicked around with Elio, I liked the single Lake Pipe concept

Close, but no cigar.

Similar concept, but can't have the pipe exposed, too dangerous for people getting in and out, and of course children, so a simple cover running down the side. Not a fancy chrome heat shield, a proper and safe cover.

Easy on a 3 wheeler, lot easier than a 4 wheel car because it's well within the car's triangle perimeter of course.

But, it's part of a secret package involving another idea, I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
it took a bit of digging in the forum arkives to find pictures showing running the exhaust pipe on an Elio .... they ran the pipe down the right (as seated in the vehicle) side, covered it with a heat shield and the exhaust exited just in front of the rear tire
M3.jpg
m2.jpg
66.jpg

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it took a bit of digging in the forum arkives to find pictures showing running the exhaust pipe on an Elio .... they ran the pipe down the right (as seated in the vehicle) side, covered it with a heat shield and the exhaust exited just in front of the rear tire

Yeah, I didn't know that's what they had planned, but that's almost what I had in mind, but with a bit of further innovation than that.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't know that's what they had planned, but that's almost what I had in mind, but with a bit of further innovation than that.
Perhaps you could do what off-roaders do and run it up the windshild on one side and the air intake on the other side. Then we can see how well it handles deep water. With a flat bottom perhaps you can make it amphibious?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh I didn't mention that this strut top will be bolted on.

On the 2D file picture above, you can see 2 x long rectangular shapes with 3 holes (and 2 small square slots).

2 reasons:

I can assemble and weld them on the bench, then simply transfer them to the frame and bolt them on.

In the case of an accident, just unbolt them, repair the frame as required and bolt them back on, or bolt new ones on. Also if I can't supply them, a local engineering shop can whip them up easily, saving time and cost for repairs.

Here is a picture of what they look like assembled ..

strut 2.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
just curious .... what size battery needs to be installed for your Toyota 1L motor .... do you foresee being able to install it under the hood ?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just curious .... what size battery needs to be installed for your Toyota 1L motor .... do you foresee being able to install it under the hood ?

No idea, just a regular size for around that sized engine. I know what they look like in size when I see them, no idea what the sizing is called though.

There is no space issues for ancillaries, I only have concerns about air conditioning packaging and location.

Someone kept raving on about Elio and washer bottles, I have no idea what that was about, or why it would even be an issue.

Top Bottom