• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The similar whole process here from a cut last year, same machine, same thickness.

You can see clearly the time it takes to pierce each time, and that's what i am trying to save on.

Pretty darn fast. Amazing – not you, but the laser. ;)

Would you have taken on the project without the help of laser cut components?
I can't imagine how much more time consuming it would be without the aid of the laser....

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pretty darn fast.

Has been said by my wife.

Would you have taken on the project without the help of laser cut components?

Nope.

Ahhhh! - Remember a few weeks ago I had no electricity for 3 days while they installed all new power lines from the roadside mains?

Yesterday no power, today no power, the 3 other factories in our compound all have, I'm confused. The normal electrician they use is away somewhere, so I got my own guy in this morning to see what the heck is going on...

When they put the new lines in a few weeks ago, the landlord was worried I would have no power for too long, so he asked the neighbor if he could tap in for a few days, no problem, but he forgot all about it, and because I had power, the electrician didn't connect my factory to the new mains ...

On Sunday night the neighbor noticed the line still hooked up, so he disconnected it ...

Now I have to wait until tonight when the electrician gets back so he can hook my factory back into the compound's new mains.

The word 'idiots' fits in here somewhere ....

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyway, have spark, back to normal tomorrow.

While I was bored today waiting, I finally drew up my T-Rex head, inspired from a small 3D jigsaw wooden puzzle one for kids (see picture below) but much improved, and this will be large and of course, lasered cut from metal.

rex.jpg

wood.jpg

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyway, have spark, back to normal tomorrow.

While I was bored today waiting, I finally drew up my T-Rex head, inspired from a small 3D jigsaw wooden puzzle one for kids (see picture below) but much improved, and this will be large and of course, lasered cut from metal.

View attachment 25427

View attachment 25428
Hey… look…. It’s a T-BEX!!!
Possible hood ornament? ;)

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Besides the other little items I have been attending to, I have been trying to figure what to use as isolation rubbers for the 2 bolts at the back of the front main crossmember.

After constantly glancing around at what I could use, I just grabbed an old tire and cut out what I needed in just seconds, perfect and free.

I was going to make nice round ones, but it took ages for the hole saw to get through the steel belts, and the saw teeth kept getting caught on the wire. But the 4" grinder did it in seconds.

... and I did fill the factory up with burning rubber smoke/smell! It was tiring work ..

tired.jpg

Top Bottom