• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, laser shop reopened yesterday after the holiday break, got my upper suspension mount brackets cut, so back into action!

Because of the National holiday period all this week, all shops are working 7 days straight this week, meaning today and tomorrow, i.e. Saturday and Sunday, are normal working days for all.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The primary attachment for the sides, is the 4 x door hinges each side (8 bolts), on the A and B pillars.

The sides are sandwiched by the hinges. You can see it clearly here on the 2nd build, just the one top hinge ...

View attachment 26042

There will be other attachment points, sills, C pillar etc.
A little humor this morning...
I was showing my girlfriend this picture of the driver's door and she asked about a door for her for the back seat. I told her "Yes, unlike the Elio design, Mark has designed a rear seat door on the opposite side for easy egress in and out of the back seat, he calls it the 'odd door'" She really liked the idea of having her own door on the the opposite side, but wanted to rename the "odd door" to "Princess Door". I laughed and told her "princess" days were long past her.
She didn't speak to me the rest of the day.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A little humor this morning...
I was showing my girlfriend this picture of the driver's door and she asked about a door for her for the back seat. I told her "Yes, unlike the Elio design, Mark has designed a rear seat door on the opposite side for easy egress in and out of the back seat, he calls it the 'odd door'" She really liked the idea of having her own door on the the opposite side, but wanted to rename the "odd door" to "Princess Door". I laughed and told her "princess" days were long past her.
She didn't speak to me the rest of the day.
Keep that up and the "odd" door will become your's instead of her's!

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The front suspension is all mounted, and very pleased with it's mounting design, and simplicity, especially to reproduce it.
- That's the way it's "mounted", not that it's "design" is getting bigger

And yes, the coil spring isn't on the left front suspension at the moment, I need to be able to check various things that the spring inhibits.

1665408257190.png

Sorry about the poor quality pictures, the bright glare in the shop late afternoon makes it difficult.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The front suspension is all mounted, and very pleased with it's mounting design, and simplicity, especially to reproduce it.

And yes, the coil spring isn't on the left front suspension at the moment, I need to be able to check various things that the spring inhibits.

View attachment 26063

Sorry about the poor quality pictures, the bright glare in the shop late afternoon makes it difficult.
I can almost feel the wind in my hair!! WooHoo…. Lookin’ like a car….. err, three wheeler!! Great job!!

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 26063

You are making great progress. Looking forward to seeing this one go-carted too.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 26063

It's all good, pictures are better than no pictures at all. I'm assuming that temps are more manageable now inside your shop as winter time approaches.....
That means you have more time to work on the BEX and get 'er running soon! :eyebrows:

Top Bottom