• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
10-4 .... I was wondering about the pieces needed to connect the outer skins .... that would include the hood .... do you foresee the front windshield being custom made or will it be a flat piece

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
10-4 .... I was wondering about the pieces needed to connect the outer skins .... that would include the hood .... do you foresee the front windshield being custom made or will it be a flat piece
Given how I've seen flat pieces vs curved pieces are in traffic and accidents, I hope it is NOT a flat piece.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I have mentioned it before, my plan is to cut the windscreen from a current mass production car windscreen, and use that as a pattern.

The thought is if 20 years down the track there is no supply, you could cut your own from that mass production car windscreen. 'Hot Rod and Custom' shops cut screens often, for custom vehicles like 'Chop Tops' etc

I see classic car and kit car owners have a terrible time getting windscreens for their vehicles, that is what drives me to that thought process.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sanding the bondo putty today, tedious and dusty.

Doesn't matter how good a mask you wear, the very fine dust still gets up your nose.

1681477044226.png

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you tape off your wrists and ankles? And run a ring around your waist? Otherwise your going to poop out dust.
Better yet, get a cheap wetsuit and put a cheap skull cap on with it. You'll find you'll blow dust out your butt every time you fart.
It sounds strange but true, a good body man can fart out a good pound of dust.
Oh yeah, put a cheap cover on your seat and remember to get a really short haircut.
Yea, I'm kidding a little, but talk to a body man that has done it for years, and you'll find you'll sweat mud, and you will live in a shower.
Think of an opening, then plug it with dust. It's really bad.

Duger

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have mentioned it before, my plan is to cut the windscreen from a current mass production car windscreen, and use that as a pattern.

The thought is if 20 years down the track there is no supply, you could cut your own from that mass production car windscreen. 'Hot Rod and Custom' shops cut screens often, for custom vehicles like 'Chop Tops' etc

I see classic car and kit car owners have a terrible time getting windscreens for their vehicles, that is what drives me to that thought process.
3 wheeler of course!

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
Some thing to think about

Polestar’s New Electric Car Has No Rear Window​

Top Bottom