• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been spending the last couple of days re-orientating myself, taking a few measurements, and working out how to start on the bodywork.

Was shocked to see in the news that blonde actress who was stabbed. Reese, Reese, umm? - Witherspoon?
- No it was with a knife.
There is something wrong with me. When I hear something that can be taken two ways, I feel obligated to correct the narrative. Only later I find out it was a purposeful ruse. On the otherhand, as failures can be instructive, I do find lots of things out that way, like things about WitherKnife's.
(link)

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Getting to the bodywork a bit, and as I won't need rear doors, I cut out the inside panels of the doors mostly to get rid of weight for handling while doing the bodywork.

I then took those gutted doors and the rear side skins around the corner to my laser welder guy to create one piece rear sides to work with.

1698152549710.png

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After joining the front and rear sections of the left body side back together again after I had cut them apart, I lined it up on the chassis again.

I then put the picture into Paint Shop and blended it in to get an idea of what it will look like.

View attachment 26739

Do the right hand side tomorrow ...

Have you made any decisions about how you are going to shape and construct the rear wheel well/arch?

Top Bottom