• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Last Letter To Elio

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snip... I will gladly opt for a turbo if offered as a factory option.
...snip..
With all the boost an aluminum 3 banger could stand, parasitic loss and the weight of the turbo would eat up more performance than it could deliver.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please provide links to threads where I've said I want a kit, convertible, 4 wheel drive, etc. I will gladly opt for a turbo if offered as a factory option.
Check your claims/facts prior to sticking your foot in your mouth.
If your posting was a copy of an email you sent to Elio Motors, it should have been noted as such to clarify. As written, you are directing your complaint at the forum, which has no affiliation with EM, therefore no way to provide an answer that satisfies your whining.

Please explain (intelligently) how my response could be classified as 'wise ass'.
Guessing you could not comprehend the thread title stating last letter to Elio.. Oh, pity you thinking it said last letter to owners group..Or where you just looking for another excuse to sound off AGAIN ?

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep , I am..Have asked twice to be removed.. Checked today , still here.. The only person in here I argue with is that idiot who has to make a wise remark about my post.. You know the one who wants Elio to send him a kit to put together himself for 3000 bucks, oh btw,,he also wants a turbo..convertible , 4 wheel drive etc etc etc
OK I understand...Guess it takes all kinds...Can be frustrating though.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
J 4.JPG
With all the boost an aluminum 3 banger could stand, parasitic loss and the weight of the turbo would eat up more performance than it could deliver.
The fact that Elio is trying to produce something economical for someone to buy and drive didn't sink in either.. Read some of his threads.. I have a three wheel vehicle that literally flies, here is a photo..ps.. top speed 47 mph

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 556
The fact that Elio is trying to produce something economical for someone to buy and drive didn't sink in either.. Read some of his threads.. I have a three wheel vehicle that literally flies, here is a photo..ps.. top speed 47 mph

A turbocharged engine with a proper tune in many cases will yield improved fuel economy. My Saab nets better fuel economy with the Stage 2 tune compared to the factory tune (34mpg hwy vs 32mpg hwy) while yielding an increase of 50hp/65tq over stock ratings. It can also yield much lower fuel economy, it just depends on driving style.
It's a moot point as I doubt EM will offer a factory option for a turbo, although it had been mentioned by EM in the past. An Elio with 75-80hp would be a very fun ride.

Very nice wing, I bet that's a blast!

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So all those car companies and the couple of articles I have read about putting turbos on small engines is the next big thing are all hogwash?

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So all those car companies and the couple of articles I have read about putting turbos on small engines is the next big thing are all hogwash?
Depends on the engine, the car, the turbo, and the tune. Like many things some turbos are better for efficiency than others, Ball bearing variable vane turbos with electronic wastgates come to mind. But for a turbo to improve efficiency it has to net a good enough return to not only slightly improve the fuel mileage, but also to be a net gain after taking into account the initial cost of the turbo and associated hardware, additional maintenance, and often increased insurance and operating costs.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Several of us have intentions of going to Oklahoma City, we do not want to finalize plans only to find out it will be one of your canceled stops..I mean it's 8 days away and still "stay tuned for details" on your site.. Also no number , t shirt or bumper sticker ! ...However I do want to commend Elio on how fast it can withdraw funds, it took you about 30 seconds to relieve my bank account of $1000.00..
Only did a like cause there ain't no Love it.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.snip....An Elio with 75-80hp would be a very fun ride....snip...
You're not going to get a 50% increase out of this built with the main purpose of affordability engine and have it last for any length of time.

No doubt some will find engines to swap in but bolting on another 25 horses isn't going to be compatible with reliable.

Top Bottom