• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Last Letter To Elio

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ford's little 1.0 Ecoboost has a turbo to increase it's mileage... It'll be just a bit bigger than the elio motor, I think.
The 2.0L Ecoboost on display at SEMA specified an $8k price(not very far under that at dealer cost) for the crate motor, not including management or supporting hardware.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
You're not going to get a 50% increase out of this built with the main purpose of affordability engine and have it last for any length of time.

No doubt some will find engines to swap in but bolting on another 25 horses isn't going to be compatible with reliable.

I wouldn't be so sure. It has been stated several times that this engine is detuned for maximum economy so they have the option of programming the ECU for more power. Plus Paul Elio has also discussed IAV working on a turbo kit for this engine. IAV has a lot of experience with engine development and it would appear they have designed the engine to give Elio plenty of options in the future without having to start all over again with a new engine design. While I am sure there is a limit to how far this engine can be pushed it does appear there will be plenty of room for the aftermarket to tinker with it for more power.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure. It has been stated several times that this engine is detuned for maximum economy so they have the option of programming the ECU for more power. Plus Paul Elio has also discussed IAV working on a turbo kit for this engine. IAV has a lot of experience in engine
Could be I'm just guessing from what few pix of the engine have been released. The bottom end is going to be the weak link. It's hard to imagine they'll put in premium bearings if they don't have to and it's unlikely cheep ones could remain reliable when pressed 50% over designed capacity. I don't doubt they could beef it up and offer a high output version I'm just Leary of any magic bolt on power for the production motor.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be I'm just guessing from what few pix of the engine have been released. The bottom end is going to be the weak link. It's hard to imagine they'll put in premium bearings if they don't have to and it's unlikely cheep ones could remain reliable when pressed 50% over designed capacity. I don't doubt they could beef it up and offer a high output version I'm just Leary of any magic bolt on power for the production motor.

I would agree it will likely take some extra work to get a good turbo system going. However I think we will be able to see some pretty good performance increases through the usual tricks of ECU tuning, free flow exhaust, and performance air filter system. Even a 20% boost in power would make a big difference in such a light vehicle.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, although I would not call it "another" , since I'd have to have at least one to get another.Production number, Are you also doing another "another" ? .
-----Original Message-----
From: Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors) <support@eliomotors.zendesk.com>
To: Montyemery <montyemery@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Apr 22, 2014 6:45 pm
Subject: [Elio Motors] Re: T shirt..Bumper sticker..Production number

#AOLMsgPart_1_a97addf2-79a1-47c7-a983-e6c464fd5bc4 td{color: black;} .aolReplacedBody #AOLMsgPart_1_df57c4b4-9dcd-4a68-b99d-17bfbcb4e33b td{color: black;} .aolReplacedBody .aolReplacedBody table td { border-collapse: collapse; }
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (15023) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email.
479e5cd31eed0006bd6192cb6?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2Fframe_user.png

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)
Apr 22 16:45
We will get another shirt and sticker out to you!
Best,
The Elio Team
By the way..If this is asking to much you are welcome to return my money !!!!
From: Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors) <support@eliomotors.zendesk.com>

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, although I would not call it "another" , since I'd have to have at least one to get another.Production number, Are you also doing another "another" ? .

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)
Apr 22 16:45
We will get another shirt and sticker out to you!
Best,
The Elio Team
By the way..If this is asking to much you are welcome to return my money !!!!
S'pose they spent it on last months rent?

Top Bottom