• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Reservation Number Just Changed ??????

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would be Fine with finding out 25-50 of the buyers in front of me were Ghosts! After investor units I would be in the teens! In one week I will be celebrating (waiting) 2 years since my all in order. 1-6-2013 on a Sunday spur of the moment purchase. I really should tell my wife about this! I too have had trouble with the EM log in area as it was not created when I ordered mine? I do still have the original email with #61 and a followup confirmation email. And for the record, the day I ordered (which was fairly early I think) they were only Estimating a possible Late 2014 delivery so I only recall 2 delays but I am still content with their progress and will continue to wait in line like everyone else. As another mentioned on this forum, I have lost Way more (Vegas) money on stupider things! Besides, it gave me Plenty of time to add a matching Lord Elio watch to my collection! (Sorry, had to throw that in there!!!) Lol I NEED to stop with my evening Internet shopping illness!!!!!

View attachment 4050
Thanks for responding to my question Blackbird. You are one of my heroes for investing in such a grand dream so early on. I really like your "Estimating a possible Late 2014 deliverey, so I only recall 2 delays" quote. Please post more, as you will be one of the earlist recipiants of an Elio to this forum's knowledge. As for the wife, keep it quiet for as long as possible!:oops::). Oh, and please let us know if your number changes. Heck! CompTrex has already acused you of being a ghost!:eek:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
So could / did they EVER have a production date of 2012?

I do not know for sure if they did have a production estimate for 2012 however it is entirely possible. We have to remember that what we see right now in Shreveport is essentially Elio Motors 2.0 however there was an Elio Motors 1.0 with a different plan.

After Paul Elio used his own money and engineering firm to develop his idea, and build the P1 in 2008, Elio Motors 1.0 began in 2009 with EM applying for funding via the original ATVM program. In 2010 the P2 was released and Elio Motors was working towards securing a closed GM plant in Pontiac, MI to build their vehicle then named "Trikke". After EM failed to win over community support for the project and were also forced to withdraw the ATVM loan application, when it became apparent that program was a dead end at that time due to some other issues with program, EM was forced to abandon this 1.0 plan. Thus Elio Motors 1.0 very well could have included a 2012 production date at some point.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, that explains a bunch. Not surprising though, startup ventures are almost always a crap shoot and the list of variables
can grow exponentially overnight. Being part of a small business start that ended up lasting 25+ years, very little of our
original plan, along with one of the partners, stuck around for the duration. I can only imagine what goes on with a project
the size and scope of Elio.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Understanding EM's history really does explain a lot. This information actually answers the common question we see; "Why hasn't Elio Motors been able to make it further if they have been at this since 2008?"

While that question may on the surface appear to be a good question the fact is that when you take the time to study the history of this project it does become apparent why EM is where they are. It takes years to get a project of this scale off the ground and EM has already failed once which essential cost them several years of work. The good news is that Paul Elio, and his team, are smart enough to learn from their failures and build on them to create something even better.

Paul Elio is very committed and determined to see this happen. Most people would have likely given up and walked away after failing to secure both the funding and the plant in Michigan but instead Paul Elio retreated back to AZ where he continued evolving the vehicle engineering, found a new engine design firm, came up with a new funding plan, found some big new board members/investors, found another plant which would serve EM's needs, and made another go at this project which we hope succeeds for him in a big way.

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...The good news is that Paul Elio, and his team, are smart enough to learn from their failures and build on them to create something even better...
I'd add that, for me, the good news is that PE and the Team are incredibly persevering, which means they are committed, which means they believe their chances of success are incredibly high, which means they understand most or all that it takes to achieve the objective and they have marshaled the resources (talent & money) to achieve that objective.

They have committed years - YEARS - of their lives to make this happen, and I think they're too smart to throw away such a great part of their lives on an unachievable objective. My $1k commitment is nothing compared to the cumulative investment and sacrifices the EM team has made.

I do get a chuckle (albeit, a very little one!) out of those who believe Rome was built in a day because they really don't, and can't, understand what it takes to move a project of this magnitude forward.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, that explains a bunch. Not surprising though, startup ventures are almost always a crap shoot and the list of variables
can grow exponentially overnight. Being part of a small business start that ended up lasting 25+ years, very little of our
original plan, along with one of the partners, stuck around for the duration. I can only imagine what goes on with a project
the size and scope of Elio.
My last business ended exactly the way it started. That is, with no customers and no money!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to check with the lastest.. it was mentioned that I want a new reservation. And maybe another wants to dump his. And it was a very low number#, and I assume all-in as well . So that does sound interesting.
I don't remember if that was possible or not as of the last word on it. I think the last was that all-in could not be transferred, but could be 'given' to 'family'.
Family is easy, in that you can trust ( and enforce ) the transfer of title and money with out too much Elio interaction.
Not so much for non-family. Especially if there is not a good feeling for mutual trust.

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to check with the lastest.. it was mentioned that I want a new reservation. And maybe another wants to dump his. And it was a very low number#, and I assume all-in as well . So that does sound interesting.
I don't remember if that was possible or not as of the last word on it. I think the last was that all-in could not be transferred, but could be 'given' to 'family'.
Family is easy, in that you can trust ( and enforce ) the transfer of title and money with out too much Elio interaction.
Not so much for non-family. Especially if there is not a good feeling for mutual trust.

Come on cuz, we're all family in one way or another. Just send me a certified check for $1k and I'll transfer my number in writting. What the heck, I can blow smoke up your ass just as good as Paul can.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And
Come on cuz, we're all family in one way or another. Just send me a certified check for $1k and I'll transfer my number in writting. What the heck, I can blow smoke up your ass just as good as Paul can.

And I like your number too. Seriously, I'll assess the risks and when I feel 1k is a viable expenditure I'll check again.
At the moment I have $100 I can risk, but not 1k.
But by risks, that's on a more personal level. I have no idea how to contract you into that. So that's how I'll look at it.
I may talk to a lawyer, there must be some way to move your bet to my side and have your execution of transfer locked down.
Maybe some kind of escrow with the bank. Maybe you and I can get a win-win out it.
I'll start saving and we'll see. I'll hold off on giving $100 directly to EM for now.

Top Bottom