• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Reservation Number Just Changed ??????

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Somehow I went from #491 to #220. All started in Richmond on the 19th when I went to see the Elio the first time. I was asking questions that apparently are on everyone’s reservation account on-line. I explained that I never seen my on-line account so he attempted to log me in and it failed, stated something like “no account found”. Easy fix he explained, just call customer service (which I finally got around to doing on Monday).

Customer service basically told me that when I made my reservation, the website (as it is now) did not exist nor did most of the Elio staff. They are uncertain how my number changed other than speculation that “ghost” reservations were created in the beginning for some reason. Nevertheless, I’m now number 220. Here’s the email I received from Elio last night:

> Hello Jeff!
> Thanks for your email and for being a member of the Elio Motors
>family!
> Because you made a reservation before we changed our website, then
>you do not have an account on our new website.
> Your reservation is still existing, you are just unable to access the
>account feature on our new website. We are working right now to load
>all of the information from our old website, and will get in touch
>with everyone as soon as this is accomplished!
> Also, you are number 220- great number!
> Thanks again and please let us know if we can help with anything.
> Best,
> The Elio Team

I would “assume” that others have been affected as well so if you have a low number you may want to check.
Congratulations on becoming an even more "old-timer" and earliest Elio supporter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So when did you actually go all in and how many production date push backs have you gone through?

Here's my original email dated 5/5/13. I was suppose to be driving it 6 months already based on the delivery date of 7/14. As you already are aware by some of my earlier posts I have some heartache with false promises and deception. I stand firm in my belief that Elio misled everyone as to the actual, possible delivery date to keep the reservation machine turning to impress investors. I think this practice still exists. That’s why I’m in and out of this forum and still don’t think it’s a sure thing. I’m not buying their whole PR campaign until after the DOE loan is approved. If it isn’t, I don’t think you’ll ever see this thing.

Sent: Sunday, May 5, 2013 7:13 PM
Subject: Here is your Sopt in Line!
Hello Future Elio Owner!

First, thank you for joining the revolution at the Gotta Have It level! We appreciate your support and shared belief in our passion, vision and mission! As part of this elite group, we may occasionally tap into this passion we share by asking your opinion or getting your feedback regarding the vehicle! We are excited to have you as part of the family and would value your input!

Now to the main purpose of this note -- letting you know where you stand on the delivery list! You, with the email address, jeff_gerlach(at)yahoo .com, are number 491 in line! Nice! .

Congratulations on being a future Elio owner and supporting American ingenuity!

The Elio Team

Last edited by a moderator:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's my original email dated 5/5/13. I was suppose to be driving it 6 months already based on the delivery date of 7/14. As you already are aware by some of my earlier posts I have some heartache with false promises and deception. I stand firm in my belief that Elio misled everyone as to the actual, possible delivery date to keep the reservation machine turning to impress investors. I think this practice still exists. That’s why I’m in and out of this forum and still don’t think it’s a sure thing. I’m not buying their whole PR campaign until after the DOE loan is approved. If it isn’t, I don’t think you’ll ever see this thing.

Sent: Sunday, May 5, 2013 7:13 PM
Subject: Here is your Sopt in Line!
Hello Future Elio Owner!

First, thank you for joining the revolution at the Gotta Have It level! We appreciate your support and shared belief in our passion, vision and mission! As part of this elite group, we may occasionally tap into this passion we share by asking your opinion or getting your feedback regarding the vehicle! We are excited to have you as part of the family and would value your input!

Now to the main purpose of this note -- letting you know where you stand on the delivery list! You, with the email address, jeff_gerlach(at)yahoo .com, are number 491 in line! Nice! .

Congratulations on being a future Elio owner and supporting American ingenuity!

The Elio Team

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm ordering more Kleenex for you guys when they move the production date for the 5th time.
Hey Wayne.
Has it really been four times already? What were the original production dates and how were they presented? I mean, did they say (like they are now) 3rd quarter of 2013, or was it more subtle like plans are for sometime in 2013.
I never have seen an actual time line from the start of all this. What were the 'promises' that they made and how did they announce delays?

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Wayne.
Has it really been four times already? What were the original production dates and how were they presented? I mean, did they say (like they are now) 3rd quarter of 2013, or was it more subtle like plans are for sometime in 2013.
I never have seen an actual time line from the start of all this. What were the 'promises' that they made and how did they announce delays?

I found this article that stated the original production date was Fall 2012. I don't think I'm far off on the statement I made.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2014/08/02/elio-motors-three-wheeler-release-and-production-woes/

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found this article that stated the original production date was Fall 2012. I don't think I'm far off on the statement I made.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2014/08/02/elio-motors-three-wheeler-release-and-production-woes/
Hm. I see that the quote you mentioned says,

"One of our readers said, “Elio has now pushed the production of its car back once again, making it the fourth time. Delivery is now expected September 2015, which is funny considering the original date was the fall of 2012.”"

Does anyone have anything from Elio saying these things instead of 'one of our readers'?
I'm not doubting you at all #491 or Wayne, I'm just looking for more solid information directly from the source.

Top Bottom