• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Reservation Number Just Changed ??????

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm still confused.
If #491 got his spot in line in May of 2013, SIL number 200 and something, does that mean that when Elio was promising a delivery date of 2012, there were less than 200 reservations? This just doesn't add up.
I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

There were probably many reservations, even a few thousand. Only the $1,000 got you a production number. I honestly got pissed off one morning after filling up my F-150 with probably close to $100 bill and did an Internet search for 3-wheeled vehicles that morning at work. Never heard of Elio until that search. 30 minutes later I was minus $1,000 telling myself "Hell, I lost more than that in Vegas".

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There were probably many reservations, even a few thousand. Only the $1,000 got you a production number. I honestly got pissed off one morning after filling up my F-150 with probably close to $100 bill and did an Internet search for 3-wheeled vehicles that morning at work. Never heard of Elio until that search. 30 minutes later I was minus $1,000 telling myself "Hell, I lost more than that in Vegas".
Love it!

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would be Fine with finding out 25-50 of the buyers in front of me were Ghosts! After investor units I would be in the teens! In one week I will be celebrating (waiting) 2 years since my all in order. 1-6-2013 on a Sunday spur of the moment purchase. I really should tell my wife about this! I too have had trouble with the EM log in area as it was not created when I ordered mine? I do still have the original email with #61 and a followup confirmation email. And for the record, the day I ordered (which was fairly early I think) they were only Estimating a possible Late 2014 delivery so I only recall 2 delays but I am still content with their progress and will continue to wait in line like everyone else. As another mentioned on this forum, I have lost Way more (Vegas) money on stupider things! Besides, it gave me Plenty of time to add a matching Lord Elio watch to my collection! (Sorry, had to throw that in there!!!) Lol I NEED to stop with my evening Internet shopping illness!!!!!

View attachment 4050
It's ALIVE!!

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Time for.........
ghostbusters.gif

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's my original email dated 5/5/13. I was suppose to be driving it 6 months already based on the delivery date of 7/14. As you already are aware by some of my earlier posts I have some heartache with false promises and deception. I stand firm in my belief that Elio misled everyone as to the actual, possible delivery date to keep the reservation machine turning to impress investors. I think this practice still exists. That’s why I’m in and out of this forum and still don’t think it’s a sure thing. I’m not buying their whole PR campaign until after the DOE loan is approved. If it isn’t, I don’t think you’ll ever see this thing.

Sent: Sunday, May 5, 2013 7:13 PM
Subject: Here is your Sopt in Line!
Hello Future Elio Owner!

First, thank you for joining the revolution at the Gotta Have It level! We appreciate your support and shared belief in our passion, vision and mission! As part of this elite group, we may occasionally tap into this passion we share by asking your opinion or getting your feedback regarding the vehicle! We are excited to have you as part of the family and would value your input!

Now to the main purpose of this note -- letting you know where you stand on the delivery list! You, with the email address, jeff_gerlach(at)yahoo .com, are number 491 in line! Nice! .

Congratulations on being a future Elio owner and supporting American ingenuity!

The Elio Team

Take down your email address NOW- RUCRAYZE?

Last edited by a moderator:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still confused.
If #491 got his spot in line in May of 2013, SIL number 200 and something, does that mean that when Elio was promising a delivery date of 2012, there were less than 200 reservations? This just doesn't add up.
I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

As evidence by Blackbirds's number as far as I have been able to find EM did not begin accepting reservations until 1/1/2013.

I do not think EM has lied about the production date at all but instead encountered issues which caused their plans to change. EM started taking reservations after they made the initial deal for the Shreveport plant which was supposed to close fall of 2013. As we know that did not happen due to having the county purchase the plant which lead to a bunch of outside interference including a lawsuit and then a hold on closing while the state sough to find a buyer for the plant. From what I understand the delay in closing on the plant directly caused the private funding deals EM had lined up at the time to collapse and this has been alluded to a number of times by EM including Paul Elio himself. EM was then not able to work on new private funding deals until the plant was secured however by the time that happened in May of 2014 things had changed as EM was invited by the DOE to apply for the ATVM loan which the EM board chose to pursue first before additional private funding.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As evidence by Blackbirds's number as far as I have been able to find EM did not begin accepting reservations until 1/1/2013.

I do not think EM has lied about the production date at all but instead encountered issues which caused their plans to change. EM started taking reservations after they made the initial deal for the Shreveport plant which was supposed to close fall of 2013. As we know that did not happen due to having the county purchase the plant which lead to a bunch of outside interference including a lawsuit and then a hold on closing while the state sough to find a buyer for the plant. From what I understand the delay in closing on the plant directly caused the private funding deals EM had lined up at the time to collapse and this has been alluded to a number of times by EM including Paul Elio himself. EM was then not able to work on new private funding deals until the plant was secured however by the time that happened in May of 2014 things had changed as EM was invited by the DOE to apply for the ATVM loan which the EM board chose to pursue first before additional private funding.
So could / did they EVER have a production date of 2012?

Top Bottom