• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Name That Elio / Elio Logo / Elio Marketing

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, no real intent here. Just fun. The original Volkswagen was an attempt very close to the same intent as the Elio. How about an Amercanized name that infers the same intent or Idea. "Folks Trike" or "Folks Cycle". ONCE AGAIN not really serious.
Oh, I see. You want to name it after your screen name! LOL. Who's the manufacturer and what's the model of the bike on the back of your Element? I want to check them out.:D

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, I see. You want to name it after your screen name! LOL. Who's the manufacturer and what's the model of the bike on the back of your Element? I want to check them out.:D
Well yes,,,,,The name "Volkswagen" translates to a "wagon for the common folk". And thus the American name Folks Trike.
As far as the Recumbent bike it a recumbent kit attached to a wallyworld bike with the Golden Eagle 4 cycle. $450, $100, $450 respectively. The kit is called the Cruzbike kit. Aren't we supposed to move this off topic somewhere else ? Goggle finds the sites quite well. I consider the inventor from Perth
Australia a good friend. The pure cruzbike is quite remarkable. I get 214 mpg to. LOL The motor sits idling on a centrifugal clutch until I see I hill I don't like then 1. 4 hp is quite adequate for most hills. Flying one of these past 30 mph is kind of like approaching a barrier in my opinion. Much faster than that and you and your bike start to look more like a potential flying bucket of scrap medal to me. JMO

IMG_1244.jpg

Reactions: DWR

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An interesting point of view but I think it is very industry specific. When I hear the word motor I think of something that moves something rather than its source of power. Are you saying when you hear department of motor vehicles you think of only electric vehicles? I suspect not. LOL I have liked the name Elio from the start and love their logo. And I actually think of the resulting vehicle as my Elio. :) Z

Elio
images2.jpg
Lectric !
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDcFOteBVgLaWPOBHTcksZFLUuVhqT2tV4NZU1RnhJ8v_b2pk_Yw.jpg

Last edited:

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Well yes,,,,,The name "Volkswagen" translates to a "wagon for the common folk". And thus the American name Folks Trike.
As far as the Recumbent bike it a recumbent kit attached to a wallyworld bike with the Golden Eagle 4 cycle. $450, $100, $450 respectively. The kit is called the Cruzbike kit. Aren't we supposed to move this off topic somewhere else ? Goggle finds the sites quite well. I consider the inventor from Perth
Australia a good friend. The pure cruzbike is quite remarkable. I get 214 mpg to. LOL The motor sits idling on a centrifugal clutch until I see I hill I don't like then 1. 4 hp is quite adequate for most hills. Flying one of these past 30 mph is kind of like approaching a barrier in my opinion. Much faster than that and you and your bike start to look more like a potential flying bucket of scrap medal to me. JMO

View attachment 1274
214 mpg ... Of red bull?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
214 mpg ... Of red bull?
Well now that I think of if a gallon of gas for one tank and a six packs of red bull will work for the other. If you go to the Cruzbike site you will see the only distributor in the Us and his wife. Remarkably she has broken all the records for 24 hour endurance for women with this bike.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would call it the Elio Scorpion and I would give out little 6 inch plastic scorpion stingers that suction-cup onto the back window. :cool:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would call it the Elio Scorpion and I would give out little 6 inch plastic scorpion stingers that suction-cup onto the back window. :cool:
You might know we'd get that kind of a name from Scorpion country like Arizona. I hope I never run into to you in traffic. You might jump out from behind a simi and sting me. LOL PS I think I may have a good slogan, cry or mantra. "SAY HELLO TO MY ELIO" Wait someone has already thought of that one, right?

Top Bottom