• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Name That Elio / Elio Logo / Elio Marketing

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some interesting suggestions being presented. My recommendation relates to Elio's primary use - as a commuter vehicle and errand runner. In a similar fashion, when the Parker Pen Company introduced its first ballpoint pen in 1954, fountain pens dominated the market. But they were looking for a name that indicated the pen's convenience, ease of use, and always being at the ready for quick use. Their choice - the Jotter - still being produced today and immensely popular. So, my recommendation for the first Elio model is -------------- the Runabout. In 1964 GM exhibited their 3 wheel concept car of the same name at the New York World's Fair in the Futurama II exhibition. In the early days of automobiles, the majority of cars were runabouts, a worthy goal for Elio motors. They typically had seating for two, and although most were open vehicles, some did have tops. So, steeped in a successful history, with seating for two, presenting the Elio Runabout!

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Some interesting suggestions being presented. My recommendation relates to Elio's primary use - as a commuter vehicle and errand runner. In a similar fashion, when the Parker Pen Company introduced its first ballpoint pen in 1954, fountain pens dominated the market. But they were looking for a name that indicated the pen's convenience, ease of use, and always being at the ready for quick use. Their choice - the Jotter - still being produced today and immensely popular. So, my recommendation for the first Elio model is -------------- the Runabout. In 1964 GM exhibited their 3 wheel concept car of the same name at the New York World's Fair in the Futurama II exhibition. In the early days of automobiles, the majority of cars were runabouts, a worthy goal for Elio motors. They typically had seating for two, and although most were open vehicles, some did have tops. So, steeped in a successful history, with seating for two, presenting the Elio Runabout!
So far, this is my favorite name with a great reason behind it :)

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I just noticed it and they've all started this way, but the latest Tech Blog email greeted us all as Elio'ers - that's ok, if a little bit plain. I've seen the discussion on what we might call a gathering of Elios, but I haven't found a discussion about how we might like to be known.

EliOwners, in homage to this site? How 'bout Eliasts (Elio + Enthusiasts)? I'm kinda partial to Eliens, myself(Elio + Aliens cuz they look like futuristic UFO's <lol>).

Got a preference?

Dan

PS: Is it possible to have "Elio" added to the spell-check dictionary for the site? Funny that our own mascot comes up as an unknown word <lol>

Top Bottom