• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Name That Elio / Elio Logo / Elio Marketing

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From a fellow that was in on the town hall meetings over on the EMOA facebook group, he says that the name is all but set in stone and the name is...

"&"

1] Is this pronounced "and"?
2] Is this pronounced "ampersand"?
-or-
3] Is that an unpronounceable symbol such as what was used by the artist formally known as Prince?

-sterling

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you know this about Ford,,,
The company had spent almost its entire $28,000 ($740,000,000.00 in today's dollars) initial investment funds with only $223.65 ($5,000.00 today's dollars) left in its bank account when the first Model A was sold. The success of this car model generated a profit for the Ford Motor Company, Henry Ford's first successful business.[5]
From Wiki. (I added today's dollar value.)

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to offer the name "The Ganz Lancer" in honor of Joseph Ganz, the originator of the of the first Volkswagen. You'll notice my site call name here is "Folks" as an English translation of the word Volks in the German name Volkswagen. I was mainly hoping to draw an extremely close parallel between the spirit and origin of both the Volkswagen and the Elio as the peoples vehicle. They both owe their origins as to the desire to create a practical bare minimum but reliable and safe for the common folks. Joseph Ganz had suffered some injuries from motor cycles and wanted to use his engineering talent to create the practical alternative with out breaking the bank so-to-speak. Sound familiar? Not going threw the complete story but the future of Germany somehow got kidnapped from the German folks by a guy named Adolf. And so the story goes Joseph as Jewish was charged with fraudulently attempting to steal and copy the German car design. Ganz ultimately escaped with his life and immigrated to Australia dying there in 1974, I believe.
Similarly Paul Elio in many ways could fall victim to greedy financial barons here in American and similarly be run off by these big and powerful competition interests. Most cynics have already written Paul off this way. Maybe I like pulling for the underdog, but, I'm a champion of the design genius of Paul's Elio and would very much like the people to win and help the the single mothers or struggling young families get a leg up on better and more jobs. Cockeyed optimist? Maybe so. Maybe there's hope that free enterprise still works in America for the little man too. Why the name Lancer? Lancers were a triple threat. Able to serve both as fast and mobile for deployment, plus serve as either Lightning Cavalry or as an infantry ground unit. The Elio is a triple threat too, the way I see it. Is the Joseph Ganz story controversial? Yes, but so is Paul. LOL

Last edited:

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you know this about Ford,,,
The company had spent almost its entire $28,000 ($740,000,000.00 in today's dollars) initial investment funds with only $223.65 ($5,000.00 today's dollars) left in its bank account when the first Model A was sold. The success of this car model generated a profit for the Ford Motor Company, Henry Ford's first successful business.[5]
From Wiki. (I added today's dollar value.)
Be interesting to see if he also gave out such generous bonuses and paychecks before any cars was sold. If so, perhaps Elio is attempting to follow in Ford's footsteps and will reap the same success.

Top Bottom