• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Name That Elio / Elio Logo / Elio Marketing

Larryrc1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I want model years so that years from now, our first year cars, will become the collector cars of choice..... $$$$$[/QU
I can very much agree with that!I always wanted a first year collector car,if that idea works out. When the Chevrolet Cavalier came out I bought one of the fast back models with bucket seats, five speed and a beautiful silver and black two tone paint job:) What a piece of "CRAP" that turned out to be . It had to go back to the dealer ship three times for wiring problems and on the third time to retrieve it , the lot boy "CRASHED" :mad:it into one of their buildings . Well!in the end they ended up giving me the book value "of a un-wrecked car" towards the purchase of a new caprice classic.:rolleyes:

PhilBob

Elio Fan
Reaction score
As I viewed the P4 from almost directly above from the upper level of Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL last summer, its shape inspired my suggestion for its name. This name seems especially appropriate in keeping with a Cajun delicacy from the region where the vehicle is to be built,...the Elio CRAWDAD.
Whut'cha think!?

tommy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You know, I think I would opt for just plain Elio until at such time as another model comes along if ever, then Elio can come up with some model designation. That would give ours a little distinction as the first. I dunno, I'm old fashioned I guess with no imagination.

Last edited:

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah, ummm, what is engine displacement and why would I remember it? :) Z

Engine displacement is the amount of liquid that could be contained in the engine's cylinders typically referred to in cubic inches, liters or cubic centimeters. Displacement is a rough dimension of engine size and power. The Elio engine is 3-cylinder displacing 900 cc (cubic centimeter). And I suppose there's no reason to remember it unless you're a typical gear head (most guys are). :)

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just over on the Elio Motors web site looking for more information. At one point, while scrolling around, I saw photos as part of a slide show that includes an image with a tag line: 1 Door, 2 Seats, 3 Wheels. Now, I know this means absolutely nothing, but the obvious link in MY noggin suggests that EM has already made the connection between those three points of marketing interest and the possibility exists that the first model could be the Elio 123. AND I could be over-simplifying this whole thing, but the evidence is there...jus' sayin'...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, I think I would opt for just plain Elio until at such time as another model comes along if ever, then Elio can come up with some model designation. That would give ours a little distinction as the first. I dunno, I'm old fashioned I guess with no imagination.
tommy, I agree with you 100% and no one has ever accused me of have no imagination. It simply feels right to have the first Elio called the Elio. Or The Elio. I get a very strong impression from all I have read that there will be tweeks but no major changes for the first few years. If I remember correctly, that is the pattern seen in the VW Beetle. In VW's case, they had other models at the same time. Elio does not have other models at this time so why not simply call it the Elio or The Elio. And I love the distinction aspect of it. :p :D :) Z

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only reason for a model designations is to flag the owner or Mechanic of any parts differences or changes to the major components of the original Elio. Big Whup. Year and mileage are a shorthand for determining ware and value.
If Paul has anything to do with future variants, I feel certain they will true the original intent of the original Elio. So now I'd like to shift to naming it so as to reflect the essence of the Elio. Here are a couple of definers for me;
"The other car you drive for fun". Or how bout this one. "I get a warm glow about me when I realize I have the most practical two people car ever engineered." Here is another one. "Funny how people never figured out that practicality of Gas and Diesel until someone finally demonstrated it." "Say Hello to my Elio." Ok one more "This is the car that got me the job that enabled me to pay cash for an Escalade ". Ok here's one more. "This is the car that got me to school that got me the Job that allowed me to pay cash for an Escalade.

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Engine displacement is the amount of liquid that could be contained in the engine's cylinders typically referred to in cubic inches, liters or cubic centimeters. Displacement is a rough dimension of engine size and power. The Elio engine is 3-cylinder displacing 900 cc (cubic centimeter). And I suppose there's no reason to remember it unless you're a typical gear head (most guys are). :)
There are no gears in the cylinder heads. Wusupwidat? I have to carry an ironman wallet that reminds me that I'm not superman. LOL

Top Bottom