• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nasdaq Listing Requirements...tough Set Of Standards...

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who is PE appealing to with the new NASDAQ offering?

Is he appealing to small investors? Small investors will search all the articles on the internet to learn more about EM. Lately there have been nothing but doom and gloom articles about EM talking about how little money they have and how it looks like they will surely die. This will drive away small investors.

Big investors are more informed and are less likely to be driven away, but will these big investors buy stock? These are the kind of people EM has been trying to get for years with their private placement. EM has been trying to get these people and failed getting them. That is why EM is resorting to a big NASDAQ offering. If these big investors would not buy EM stock under private placement where they would be treated with more special attention, why would they buy common stock on the open market where they are treated like just one in a big heard of investors?

It has been said the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
This is true of personal behavior of people.
I wonder if it is also true of financial behavior of investors.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Lawrence G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I agree, Elio and their Management Team did it, we lose. All we can do is wonder and see it the website is up and "anything added".

Search on Elio Shreveport, you will hear from the people that where promised jobs, like back in 2015.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who is PE appealing to with the new NASDAQ offering?

Is he appealing to small investors? Small investors will search all the articles on the internet to learn more about EM. Lately there have been nothing but doom and gloom articles about EM talking about how little money they have and how it looks like they will surely die. This will drive away small investors.

Big investors are more informed and are less likely to be driven away, but will these big investors buy stock? These are the kind of people EM has been trying to get for years with their private placement. EM has been trying to get these people and failed getting them. That is why EM is resorting to a big NASDAQ offering. If these big investors would not buy EM stock under private placement where they would be treated with more special attention, why would they buy common stock on the open market where they are treated like just one in a big heard of investors?

It has been said the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
This is true of personal behavior of people.
I wonder if it is also true of financial behavior of investors.

Well written & concise posting Pistonboy!

You're absolutely correct!

The 100 million Elio NASDAQ offering
is so convoluted...I can't imagine any set of circumstances where it would succeed...

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well written & concise posting Pistonboy!

You're absolutely correct!

The 100 million Elio NASDAQ offering
is so convoluted...I can't imagine any set of circumstances where it would succeed...
Well I must have a better imagination than you do. I'm still hoping Elio succeeds, sounds like you have thrown in the towel. If you haven't thrown in the towel I apologize but it sure sounds like you have.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I must have a better imagination than you do. I'm still hoping Elio succeeds, sounds like you have thrown in the towel. If you haven't thrown in the towel I apologize but it sure sounds like you have.

As I've said before...

It's not a matter of giving up "hope" on Elio Motors...I only pay attention to tangible results...the word "hope" never even pops into my head...

A successful business plan can not be based on "hope"..but rather an ironclad execution plan that insures sucess...

Reaction score
ironclad execution plan that insures success
Well, if I got to wait on that nothing would get done. Elio will happen Folks, Just as the man envisioned. He has good friends & partners to help him achieve it. They are tackling one road block at a time and getting it done as fast and carefully as they possibly can. It is going to happen. Not hope. It IS going to happen.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From the KTBS article by Shon Gables: "Elio states 15 times it has either not generated revenue, lacks sufficient cash, may have to cease operations or liquidate."

Amazing how these journalists in Louisiana pick up a financial filing for the first time and think they've made an incredible discovery. Any start up company is going to have that kind of language in their filings.

Here are some tidbits from the 10-Q filing from Tesla from 2010:

" Our limited operating history makes evaluating our business and future prospects difficult, and may increase the risk of your investment."
"We have a history of losses and we expect significant increases in our costs and expenses to result in continuing losses for at least the foreseeable future."
"The range of our electric vehicles on a single charge declines over time which may negatively influence potential customers’ decisions whether to purchase our vehicles."
"We anticipate that we will experience an increase in losses and may experience a decrease in automotive sales revenues prior to the launch of the Model S."
"We may need to raise additional funds and these funds may not be available to us when we need them. If we cannot raise additional funds when we need them, our operations and prospects could be negatively affected."

Those warnings go on for 47 pages. From pages 60-107.

And all those warnings were stated after the successful launch of their roadster!

So I disagree with the journalists' premise that investors won't invest based on the Elio filing. They read things like this in EVERY start up they invest in. These warnings may be new to the author Shon Gables, but they aren't to big investors.

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I've said before...

It's not a matter of giving up "hope" on Elio Motors...I only pay attention to tangible results...the word "hope" never even pops into my head...

A successful business plan can not be based on "hope"..but rather an ironclad execution plan that insures sucess...
Since you're not throwing in the towel, I would be interested in a scenario you would see that get's Elio into production. You have basically shot down any chance of getting $100 million through the NASDAQ. OK, for arguments sake, let's say you are correct. How do they get Elio into production? Not having thrown in the towel, you must have an idea.

I've spent my pre-retirement life in sales doing things I was told couldn't be done. I have a problem with folks who know with great certainty that something is bound to fail before it's played out.

Top Bottom