• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New "all-in" From Dawsonville, Georgia

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the Elio Tour to come to Georgia so I could see and sit in the car. Well it finally happened yesterday when I went to the air show in Rome, GA just to see the Elio. I waited my turn in line and met some very nice people waiting for their chance too. Reps from the company were walking up and down the line answering all of our many questions.

Then it was my turn to try the Elio on for size. I'm 6'2" with a large frame, wide in the shoulders and tip the scales at a healthy 285+ lbs. I've got two issues with most small cars not enough head room and not enough room side to side. Well when I slipped behind the wheel of the Elio I was one happy man. Plenty of head room and plenty of side-to-side room too! Speaking of room, the leg room is more than I need. With the seat in the rear most position I was easily able to stretch my legs out straight - sweet.

Very interesting view from behind the wheel. I could see the tops of each front wheel shroud and great visibility out the front and sides. Sitting front and center I had the feeling I was sitting in the cockpit of an aircraft. The car looks like it will be a lot of fun to drive. Very pleasant experience indeed.

Sitting in the car I knew what I was going to do next. I got out and walked over to a company representative and handed over a thousand dollars. So I'm "All-In" and just waiting to get my number in line!

OctoberGlory
Dawsonville, GA

BTW - Would love to hear from other Elio owners in the area.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the Elio Tour to come to Georgia so I could see and sit in the car. Well it finally happened yesterday when I went to the air show in Rome, GA just to see the Elio. I waited my turn in line and met some very nice people waiting for their chance too. Reps from the company were walking up and down the line answering all of our many questions.

Then it was my turn to try the Elio on for size. I'm 6'2" with a large frame, wide in the shoulders and tip the scales at a healthy 285+ lbs. I've got two issues with most small cars not enough head room and not enough room side to side. Well when I slipped behind the wheel of the Elio I was one happy man. Plenty of head room and plenty of side-to-side room too! Speaking of room, the leg room is more than I need. With the seat in the rear most position I was easily able to stretch my legs out straight - sweet.

Very interesting view from behind the wheel. I could see the tops of each front wheel shroud and great visibility out the front and sides. Sitting front and center I had the feeling I was sitting in the cockpit of an aircraft. The car looks like it will be a lot of fun to drive. Very pleasant experience indeed.

Sitting in the car I knew what I was going to do next. I got out and walked over to a company representative and handed over a thousand dollars. So I'm "All-In" and just waiting to get my number in line!

OctoberGlory
Dawsonville, GA

Welcome :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome OctoberGlory from not too far way in Cumming, GA! :)

We are very glad to have you here! It is great that you are interested in this vehicle and were wiling to put down your hard earned money to make this happen. I myself was at the air show in Rome yesterday and had a great time reconnecting with this really neat ride.

We have a Georgia area on this forum with Georgia news and event info and if you are on Facebook I also recommend the Elio Motors Owners of Georgia group which also has local Georgia Elio news and events. Unfortunately you just missed our first meet and greet which was held not far from you Cumming but we will do one again sometime after the holidays.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GAElioOwners/

You have joined a very diverse group of people from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this interesting vehicle. I hope you enjoy your time here reading about and/or discussing all there is to know about Elio Motors.

We have a survey we like reservation holders to fill out if they wish as it really helps us visualize the growing numbers and locations of future Elio Owners. For now information visit this link: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-reservation-map-and-survey.1129/

We also have a thread for our many current and former service members to introduce themselves. If that applies to you visit this thread: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/military-service.1118/

If you ever happen to have any issues while on this forum please be sure to notify a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

OctoberGlory
Dawsonville, GA

OctoberGlory, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your information about fitting in the Elio. I'm sure your comments will be appreciated by others. We are a friendly helpful group and try to keep the forum informative and friendly and look forward to your comments.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score

OctoberGlory
Dawsonville, GA

I have a special connection to Dawsonville, Ga.! My mother was born/raised there and I return to visit with kin, both living and passed, when I can. I have kin buried in the cemeraty there. Mostly CSA.
Have you ever heard of Houser Mill or a road by that name??
My linage goes back to that Mill.

wjdom

Elio Addict
Reaction score

OctoberGlory
Dawsonville, GA

WELCOME from New Orleans

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

OctoberGlory
Dawsonville, GA

Hi and welcome from Oregon, OctoberGlory. You should get your number by the end of the month if the blog information we received last month is accurate. It is alway a very exciting day when that happens. There are quite a few members here from GA so I am sure you will make some contacts. In fact two of our Moderators are from Georgia and one from NC and one from Ohio. I'm sure you will discover them as you explore the site. Enjoy this exciting journey to Elio production and ownership. :-) Z

Dave Andre

Elio Fan
Reaction score

OctoberGlory
Dawsonville, GA

Welcome to the club from California!

Top Bottom