1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

New Elio Commercial

Discussion in 'Elio Photos and Videos' started by bowers baldwin, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Chaz

Chaz Elio Addict

People on Facebook are far more superficial than most. If someone in the Elio organization thinks this is a good way to get the merits of the Elio out they are delusional. How about just stating the facts and showing their car, maybe playing a song from the 70 or 80s that their customer base can relate too.

acamara likes this.
  2. Bamdalam

Bamdalam Elio Addict

I play that with my 9Y.O. all the time.....Oh, wait.:rolleyes:

3. Marshall

Marshall Elio Addict

They'll have those too.

4. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Not to mention we can all breathe easier... and the roads can relax a little knowing at least SOME huge vehicles will be staying home while the Elio does it's commute thing.

(I'm continuing to italicize the Elio sarcastically because I'm SOO not liking that name. "Hello. This is my the Elio." It SOO sounds like something Paul would do.)

Jim H likes this.
  5. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Okay. I just re-watched the commercial. It doesn't bother me much. In fact, it made me kind of laugh when Blue says "Isn't there a statue of Reagan you should be making out with?" and Red replies "Yes". Maybe I'm on the cusp of being juvenile enough to get the humor.

Bamdalam likes this.
  6. Rob Croson

Rob Croson Elio Addict

I called the Guinness Book of World records. They said they are going to send an investigator over immediately. They can't recall seeing such a broad brush ever being used before, and believe this may qualify for a world record.

Ekh, acamara and Maurtis like this.
  7. Elio Amazed

Elio Amazed Elio Addict

Yes, but you have to be careful with what you intend to be "only meant for Facebook".
    Much of it has a tendency to reach the GP. They should have known better. You would think. :mad:

Bamdalam likes this.
  8. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

With over 1 Billion people on facebook... nevermind.

9. BSmith

BSmith Elio Fan

I like both advertisements. The satire was not making fun of the car. It was illustrating how childish politics (both red and blue) have become. "Cut-Low" contests (what we called exchanging insults back when I was an adolescent back in the early 70s) and the Rock, Paper, Scissors (or what order you want it), another childish game. I think the problem with satire, though, is that it typically is aimed at offending somebody. It usually doesn't bother me since I realize that no one can offend me without my permission (having been a high school sports official for many years, I have had a lot of practice with this).

I liked the other advertisement, too. I like watching to car. If the music were too great, it might detract from the car. For those who think "Yakety Sax" goes with about anything, check out this: http://mashable.com/2013/04/11/yakety-sax/#16cOkYJOC5qd

Isn't a point of advertisements is to get attention. We've got 12 pages of comments now on just 2 advertisements. I think they're working. Reminds me of the movie star who says, "I don't care what kind of publicity I get as long as they spell my name right."

John-b-gone and Rob Croson like this.
  10. bowers baldwin

bowers baldwin Elio Addict